International Alternative Energy Center
International Alternative Energy Center
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Technical Help and Questions
 Battery Info and Questions
 Suggestion for anyone who want to try alum convert
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sucahyo
Average Member

Indonesia
246 Posts

Posted - March 07 2014 :  00:56:35  Show Profile  Visit sucahyo's Homepage Send sucahyo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In his recent video, Peter Lindemann (thanks kcarring) mentioned that alum battery is only suitable for warm condition and not freezing condition. But he also mention that any amount is good, which is not the case, wrong.

Try this experiment:

Prepare alum powder about half the amount of water that you want to use.

Pour water and the alum powder into a pan. Then boil them good, until the water bubbling.

Then pour them into a disposable container. Let them cool down in a room temperature or at the place your battery will be stored / placed.

You will then immediately see a sediment / crystalization that will took place at the container, from top to bottom. If you leave it for a few days, then you would see the crystal grow more.

So, my suggestion is, use the remaining water on that container after a week. At least crystalization won't happen in the battery.

If you want to really go alkaline. Use the real one. NaOH or KOH. Go to a paint store (paint remover) or a building material store (clogged drain reliever).

In the video at minutes 58, Peter Lindemann deny that alum corrode the plate. Try this, when you boil the alum water solution, use metal or cheap stainless steel container. See what happen yourself. Then imagine what happen when the plate of the battery geat heated up during usage or charging.

Edited by - sucahyo on March 07 2014 02:06:50

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

kcarring

Canada
1057 Posts

Posted - March 10 2014 :  16:11:45  Show Profile Send kcarring a Private Message  Reply with Quote
exactly, well said. if you want alkaline, have alkaline, not acid!!

Peter is a world class fool. He is back pedalling because he is (finally) trying to sell a product (for way too much money I might add) and he is getting a tidal wave of backlash due to a decade of spreading misinformation, and working beside others that do the same. The only thing that is missing from that guy is the leprechaun outfit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You wouldn't laugh at my igloo if you knew how cold my beer is!

Edited by - kcarring on March 10 2014 16:12:27
Go to Top of Page

sucahyo
Average Member

Indonesia
246 Posts

Posted - March 10 2014 :  21:29:51  Show Profile  Visit sucahyo's Homepage Send sucahyo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I agree. I wonder if he even know that he is wrong. I doubt he will admit mistake.

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
International Alternative Energy Center © 2000-2009 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2