International Alternative Energy Center
International Alternative Energy Center
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Green Products
 Electric
 12v celling fan
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

49er
Administrator

USA
4427 Posts

Posted - October 26 2013 :  11:42:01  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have this one and it works well but it needs to be balanced.

You must be logged in to see this link.

Doug
The sky is not the limit...There are footprints on the MOON.
Your only as DUMB as where your standing.
No matter where you go there you are.
SKYPE doug.bennett49er

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

IrishDave

Ireland
850 Posts

Posted - October 28 2013 :  11:03:07  Show Profile Send IrishDave a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Shipping: May not ship to Ireland - lol

I have a few AC fans I have collected over the years. I must try convert one to DC.
My PC fans do a fine job of moving air, but I would like something with a bit more power.
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4427 Posts

Posted - October 28 2013 :  11:50:32  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Dave

This moves a good amount of air with very low noise and I am running it off a battery that has one dead cell so it running at 11 volts or less

Doug
SKYPE doug.bennett49er
Go to Top of Page

hkalan

Hong Kong
1019 Posts

Posted - May 11 2014 :  21:15:41  Show Profile  Visit hkalan's Homepage Send hkalan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Doug

How many amps does it pull ?

Although I have 24v 3 speed oscillating fans wall mounted throughout the vessel because height is low in the boat cabins (6 feet).

I do have a spot in the galley of the Bertram that has the height for this style !!!

How is it holding up ?

Alan

Go to Top of Page

hkalan

Hong Kong
1019 Posts

Posted - May 11 2014 :  22:45:17  Show Profile  Visit hkalan's Homepage Send hkalan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here is the 8 inch 12v or 24v fans I use... They move a lot of air !!

I found 12v dehumidifiers that are great for single rooms. I use a 24vDC to 12vDC converter. It consumes 3amp off the 24v bank. We have one in the main saloon and one in the master cabin. It really keeps the humidity under control (prevent the musty and mouldy smells) when the boat is closed up. I would think it would be great for Off-Grid homes as well ! It does not use a compressor, but a Thermo-electric Peltier module. I have it drain straight outside the hull so I never have to empty the tank, but each unit does about 750ml a day.

We have solar powered (independent) roof vents on the decks of our boats to keep a constant flow of air throughout the vessel, but a nice independent solar ventilation fan for homes that I found below, would really help homes on the land to vent attics, tool sheds, and great for battery boxes !!!

Just my 2 cents... hahaha

Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4427 Posts

Posted - May 12 2014 :  08:34:12  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi HK

My fan took a dump and will have to tare it down to find out why. I took the cover off but it is a lot more involved so it is just setting on the junk table for a time when I may take a hammer to it.

Doug
SKYPE doug.bennett49er
Go to Top of Page

hkalan

Hong Kong
1019 Posts

Posted - May 12 2014 :  09:56:04  Show Profile  Visit hkalan's Homepage Send hkalan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey Doug... sounds like that one was made on a monday !!!

Alan

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
International Alternative Energy Center © 2000-2009 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.56 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2