International Alternative Energy Center
International Alternative Energy Center
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forums
 Circuits and Diagrams
 Tesla Switch w/cap&diode mod
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

49er
Administrator

USA
4426 Posts

Posted - December 21 2011 :  13:50:09  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is the SS Tesla Switch with cap and diode mod.

Doug

The sky is not the limit...There are footprints on the MOON.
Your only as DUMB as where your standing.
No matter where you go there you are.
Still having fun.

Edited by - 49er on January 14 2012 21:49:43

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

iaec
Forum Admin

1033 Posts

Posted - December 22 2011 :  06:03:07  Show Profile Send iaec a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There it is, thanks for the cicruit on your setup 49er.
Looks pretty simple.

TimberJack

***Possibilities Within The Impossible***

You must be logged in to see this link.
Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - December 24 2011 :  07:41:05  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi 49er-is the 10j 250 volt cap a ceramic cap? or did you use something else?

Remember-when you make a mistake you have just learned how not to do it.This only brings you one step closser to success.The only way to fail is to never try>>>>TinMan<<<<
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4426 Posts

Posted - December 24 2011 :  11:47:21  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Tinman

they are what rick sells on bedini sales site. I think they are an ac cap I think you call an axle leads. My knowledge on caps is very small

Doug

Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - December 24 2011 :  19:18:25  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi 49er-i see now-just a 250v 10uf ac cap.
Cheers

Remember-when you make a mistake you have just learned how not to do it.This only brings you one step closser to success.The only way to fail is to never try>>>>TinMan<<<<
Go to Top of Page

ron_o

United Kingdom
1052 Posts

Posted - December 30 2011 :  12:44:05  Show Profile Send ron_o a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Doug

I have tried your feedback cap modification using AC motor run caps and standard MKT types both types worked equally well . I also tried wiring two 22uF electrolytics in series "back to back" ( + cap1 - - cap2 + ) this worked but did not seem to be as stable when compared to the first two types.

ron
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4426 Posts

Posted - December 30 2011 :  18:56:53  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Ron

That is good to know for now I only have the 10j 250v type must get some on order. Back from xmas break with the grand kids, AT HOME AT LAST. AH AH AH AH

Doug
Go to Top of Page

kcarring

Canada
1057 Posts

Posted - January 13 2012 :  22:13:44  Show Profile Send kcarring a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm wondering if there is any point in trying these (as I have a bunch, from salvage)

Polycarbonate Capacitor 6.8uF 100VDC 63VAC/50Hz P=27.5mm 2222-344-21685

Metallized polycarbonate film capacitor MKC 344

APPLICATIONS: In electronic circuits for blocking and coupling, bypass and energy reservoir applications.

Capacitance value: 6.8F
Capacitance tolerance: 10%
Rated voltage UR: 100VDC
Rated voltage UR (50Hz): 63VAC
Insulation resistance at 20C: 15G-Ohm
Dimension: b=13mm h=22.5mm L=31mm
Pitch (RM): 27.5mm
Temperature range: -55C to +100C
Type: 222234421685

Fairly large yellow plastic boxes

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You wouldn't laugh at my igloo if you knew how cold my beer is!
Go to Top of Page

ron_o

United Kingdom
1052 Posts

Posted - January 14 2012 :  18:22:19  Show Profile Send ron_o a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi kcarring

Yes those caps will work ok.

It might be worth wiring two of them in series to increase the working voltage ( this will of course half the capacitance to 3.4 uF ) so then it would be necessaty to wire three such series pairs in parallel to obtain approx 10 uF.

ron
Go to Top of Page

ron_o

United Kingdom
1052 Posts

Posted - January 14 2012 :  18:25:57  Show Profile Send ron_o a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Doug

Just noticed your wiring diagram > Is the IN5408 connected correctly ( as drawn in parallel with the coil )

All the best

ron
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4426 Posts

Posted - January 14 2012 :  20:36:28  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Ron

Thank you no it is not. Should go to the + of the charge battery. I will redraw and post. Thanks again At least someone is reading this LOL

Doug

Edited by - 49er on January 14 2012 20:39:00
Go to Top of Page

kcarring

Canada
1057 Posts

Posted - March 24 2012 :  22:50:52  Show Profile Send kcarring a Private Message  Reply with Quote
@49'er First off, I apologize for asking again, I know you said to me "all you have to do is switch two wires"... before... so I suppose I could just get brave and try it, but I thought I'd make sure, because I don't see dot conventions (nor fully understand them anyway) for the coils.

If I have a Bedini SSG, like my latest, and the start winds of the multifilar are all connected together at positive input, as they are... and each individually finds it's way from the top of the coil to a collector... then...

Can I leave all of the top end of coil wires connected to the collectors, and simply reconnect all of my start (bottoms) of run coils to charge battery negative. Reconnect Charge battery positive to positive input. Leave the diodes of collector output as is.

And them I'm switched over?

And of course increase my input to 24V when charging 12.

Also have you ever run this on a voltage doubler from 12V source?

Thanks again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4426 Posts

Posted - March 24 2012 :  23:18:59  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi kc

The run coil starts are the same just take off the + run battery line. Take the + run battery and move it to the + charge battery line. That is it you don't have to change any thing else if it is already a SS unit. Yes 24 v would do if that is what you want. As far as a voltage doubler I wouldn't bother not enough power. But you can try it.. I use this system for the solar panel set up that charges 12 volts in my big banks and then I can charge (desulfate) my 6 volt battery or 2 or 3 in parallel I only do this because it is practical for me I am not trying to see what all I can do with this besides run my HHO LOL

Doug
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

kcarring

Canada
1057 Posts

Posted - March 26 2012 :  01:39:52  Show Profile Send kcarring a Private Message  Reply with Quote
hmm.. lost me.

a line has two ends.

Any chance you could denote which ends are which on your coil or use dot convention or something on the diagram so an individual can decipher where wind starts and wind ends, are? Mag didn't get it either.

Sorry for the hassle.

Edited by - kcarring on March 26 2012 01:41:51
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4426 Posts

Posted - March 26 2012 :  21:23:32  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi kc

First pic is a SS SSG the the run battery feed is on the left side and you have the - run and the + charge tied together just like normal. I have a screw driver showing the jumper wire to tie them.

Now on the SSTS is the second pic and all you do is + charge to the + run with the same jumper the screw driver is at the new jumper place. It is just that easy. It just looks different because the drawing is for 24v.

Doug

SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

kcarring

Canada
1057 Posts

Posted - March 26 2012 :  22:58:46  Show Profile Send kcarring a Private Message  Reply with Quote
oh man. hahahahaha i'll just hook it up and see what happens. thanks.

edit: it worked. posted a vid in my build thread. thanks 49'er
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edited by - kcarring on March 27 2012 07:36:40
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4426 Posts

Posted - March 27 2012 :  08:14:15  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi kc

More expiation is needed what you want??

Doug
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

kcarring

Canada
1057 Posts

Posted - March 27 2012 :  13:43:47  Show Profile Send kcarring a Private Message  Reply with Quote
For whatever reason, seeing this side by side diagram and your pic, help put it all together.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edited by - kcarring on March 27 2012 13:44:35
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4426 Posts

Posted - March 27 2012 :  15:25:35  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi kc

What ever it takes as long as you get it.

Doug
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

kcarring

Canada
1057 Posts

Posted - March 27 2012 :  15:36:46  Show Profile Send kcarring a Private Message  Reply with Quote
@49'er It's not easy being dislexic, colorblind and Canadian eh? LOL

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4426 Posts

Posted - March 27 2012 :  15:46:59  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi kc

you need to look up JB's mod SSG from 2004 and that is where Ossie got it from he just drew it different like me. It take a while to see the forest through the trees and you live in a big forest in CA.

Doug
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

kcarring

Canada
1057 Posts

Posted - March 27 2012 :  21:41:02  Show Profile Send kcarring a Private Message  Reply with Quote
oh really? If you find the link again, post it :) or is it on john's site, do you mean?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4426 Posts

Posted - March 27 2012 :  22:10:51  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi kc

A Bedini patent I think. I just remember 2004 is what I saw but it didn't make any sense to me then.LOL

Doug
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

kcarring

Canada
1057 Posts

Posted - April 10 2012 :  00:04:07  Show Profile Send kcarring a Private Message  Reply with Quote
@49'er 2004? wow .. hmm. I actually suspect this is closer to what John "sells" in the way of a commercial charger. It just makes a lot more sense, and his commercial units from what I have seen, run on 24V which is another clue. It would also explains why he does not participate in the discussion of this circuit, anywhere, that I have noticed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

iaec
Forum Admin

1033 Posts

Posted - April 10 2012 :  05:29:39  Show Profile Send iaec a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well i thought i might aswell jump on the band wagon lol
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
International Alternative Energy Center © 2000-2009 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.72 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2