International Alternative Energy Center
International Alternative Energy Center
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forums
 2013 Pulse motor build off
 BUILD PROGRESS SECTION
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - August 24 2013 :  23:14:25  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Post you pulse motor build progresions here for the 2013 build off.

swim at 90 degrees to the current and gain speed in two directions

skype-thetinman.69

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

hkalan

Hong Kong
1019 Posts

Posted - August 25 2013 :  10:50:15  Show Profile  Visit hkalan's Homepage Send hkalan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
OK...

To BEGIN ! As I have not built a Pulse motor in over a year... I need me some parts LOL. Starting from scratch, and have a few bits and bobs around. I have now ordered the wire, Neo's, etc... To show the first part of my process. I will outline my idea to what I will build. The final video will show it in action !!!! I HOPE !!!!

Here is my concept idea that I am going to attempt for the 2013 Pulse Motor Build-Off.

CIRCUIT: It will be a modified SSG circuit. I want to use 24vdc for the charge and run battery bank.

COILS: I will be making new large wire coils. I want to use 15AWG for the RUN, and 18AWG for the trigger. As these wire sizes are nearly half the resistance of each other. This is what Bedini has used in some of his coils with good recapture results. The first coil will be bifilar (Run & Trigger), but may have all other run coils as a single... this will be a good way to test... As it develops I may go to bifilar run coils. I also want to use Silicon Iron plates (from E-core transformers) as the core for my coils.

ROTOR: I am planning on a rotor that will have a dual row of coils. The coils will be off-set. I hope that by having a wider rotor attached to the main shaft, that I can maintain enough torque while gaining enough return on the recapture.

GENERATOR: To put a fun twist to this. Rather then a direct connection of the main shaft of the Pulse Motor to a generator. I will be using some old wheel fans to generate wind to another wheel fan to spin the shaft of a wind turbine generator.

As I live on a boat... The wind that will exhaust from this, will go into the engine room, and it will assist in also moving out the damp and hot air from the engine room (where the generator is as well), and aid in cooling the engine room.

Below is my concept idea, and what I hope to build within the given time... Fingers Crossed !!!

Here is my "Wind Gear" concept that I want to try...

UPDATE: 28 August - The Magnets I ordered have arrived. They are strong little magnets !!! I have 30 of them (6 in the event of a break). Not a bad price too... only $1.28 USD each. I love "Factory Direct" LOL

I am making the cores from Silicon Iron Plates (what is used for transformer e-cores). When I bought the sheets of Silicon Iron, the factory supplied me with the glue that I should use to glue the plates together once cut to size for best results.

As the Cores will be 1"x 1" and the magnets are exactly half the size of the cores (1/2" x 1/2"). Things should begin on the right foot for the core and magnet part of the rotor !!!!

I am still on the hunt for the best material to use to make the rotor. It will be solid, but NOT made of any metal or wood. Talking to a few places about cutting 2" thick round plastic that can be glues together for a rotor that is nearly a foot thick, and 14 to 18 inch diameter !!! Open to idea's from anyone that wants to send me a PM !!!

UPDATE: September 2 - I have been shredding my fingertips as I cut the silicon iron sheets into the plate size I want... so I contacted a factory about getting a machine to cut them, but I found out that I can get them to make me Amorphous Iron (MetGlass) cores. Here is what they will send me on Wednesday of this week. Oh Happy Days LOL

Stay tuned-in for more as things develop !!! WINK

Alan

Edited by - hkalan on September 01 2013 19:35:29
Go to Top of Page

totoalas

Macao
168 Posts

Posted - August 27 2013 :  12:07:32  Show Profile Send totoalas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi to all
I will be joining for the 2nd time on this build up
videos on YT to follow on THU for the materials to be used
. As Ive had my rotor built last year... and a burnt circuit that never worked for a couple of minutes
I will be using the same but with new circuit
so heres my built concept

My target is to beef up the loading independent of the primary rotor

COOL POWER Built consist of the following
one independent rotor/ circuit

on top of the rotor will be the following
6 coils with independent trigger coils ( air or with sand/ neodyne ) / 5 or 6 rotor/ magnets to pulse side and top and 6 independent circuit for 6 output
to supply 1 one ozonator /2 uv lamp / led lamps via jr
3 slayer lights /4 one inverter 15 wattsfor charging / radio /5 ss ssg circuit source for battery bank /
/ 6 spare or HHO
hope I can finish this on time but whats important is the stable primary rotor with 8 hard disk magnets .....( the bottom of rotor with ferrite magnets)
this will be a hybrid one using normal power supply, solar / annd ssg battery bank solar in daytime and pulse in night time
totoalas

You must be logged in to see this link.

Edited by - totoalas on August 31 2013 06:32:55
Go to Top of Page

IrishDave

Ireland
850 Posts

Posted - August 28 2013 :  10:31:14  Show Profile Send IrishDave a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Alan, could you post the link for those magnets?
Go to Top of Page

urcoffeetastestoasty

Netherlands
148 Posts

Posted - August 28 2013 :  10:56:12  Show Profile Send urcoffeetastestoasty a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi all,

I am new to this forum and this is my first attempt at this pulse motor build off.
For this contest I decided to make a small spin top type model pulse motor using a single bedini-ssg circuit.
The output of the circuit is fed into orange leds.
I'm also trying a new element which I personally haven't seen being used before, this will be shown in the actual entry.
Heres my youtube intro video for the entry: You must be logged in to see this link.
Thank you for watching.
JP

Go to Top of Page

IrishDave

Ireland
850 Posts

Posted - August 28 2013 :  13:48:44  Show Profile Send IrishDave a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome JP.

Nice start.

Edited by - IrishDave on August 29 2013 07:03:18
Go to Top of Page

Kryon

USA
54 Posts

Posted - August 28 2013 :  17:15:49  Show Profile Send Kryon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi All,

Here is my 2013 Build off part 1.

Dual rotors on single 5/8" Stainless Steel shaft,
2" x 3/4" Neo Magnets
Bedini Circuit W/Tinmans Single Battery Modification

Go to Top of Page

IrishDave

Ireland
850 Posts

Posted - August 29 2013 :  07:07:30  Show Profile Send IrishDave a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice start Kryon!

Looks like I am not the only one having problems with double posting. I had a post disappear too.
Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - August 29 2013 :  07:44:29  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi JP,and welcome to the IAEC.
Thanks for takeing part in the 2013 PMBO
Best of luck.

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - August 29 2013 :  07:46:52  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Alan & kryon
Good start guy's. I havnt even decided what im doing yet as far as a build(although im not in the comp lol)But Russ and myself have a little something planed.

Oh ,and keep an eye out for Kult's first video here,as i suspect there is something out of the ordinary coming from him.

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - August 29 2013 :  07:48:27  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
An entry from peterhalleffect.

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - August 29 2013 :  08:18:03  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
@ totoalas
If this is anything like your last years entry,it will be very interesting.
Good luck in the buildoff totoalas

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - August 29 2013 :  08:19:15  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Time left for buildoff

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4443 Posts

Posted - August 29 2013 :  09:05:42  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi TM

Thats neat, You should put it on 1/2 of the back ground.

Doug
The sky is not the limit...There are footprints on the MOON.
Your only as DUMB as where your standing.
No matter where you go there you are.
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - August 30 2013 :  06:16:57  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Russ has been out collecting lol.

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - August 30 2013 :  06:18:25  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Doug
Unfortunatly forumco dosnt allow HTML format,which is needed for the direct link so as the timer is on the page.

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - August 30 2013 :  08:07:32  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Firepinto's entry

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

marianek

USA
32 Posts

Posted - August 30 2013 :  10:58:22  Show Profile Send marianek a Private Message  Reply with Quote
hello to everybody !

i am joining this competition .
here is my first video
my plan is to build 2 different pulse motors (maybe more ?) lol !

Edited by - marianek on August 30 2013 11:27:12
Go to Top of Page

Kudzu
Administrator

USA
1619 Posts

Posted - August 30 2013 :  22:35:18  Show Profile Send Kudzu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey Alan,
Can larger Neo's be purchased from that company cheap also ?

========================================================

I still think the only dumb questions are the one's you didn't ask ...

Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - August 31 2013 :  00:04:31  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
@ marianek
Looking good there. i watched your utube video,and that is a very effective idea.

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

hkalan

Hong Kong
1019 Posts

Posted - August 31 2013 :  05:37:30  Show Profile  Visit hkalan's Homepage Send hkalan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey Kudzu,

The magnet factory is an OEM manufacturer. You have to send me the full spec's of what you are looking for in a PM. I will speak to them in Mandarine Chinese, and they will tell me the sample price, then it takes 6 days to make them. They do not stock anything !

Alan

Go to Top of Page

IrishDave

Ireland
850 Posts

Posted - August 31 2013 :  11:17:51  Show Profile Send IrishDave a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My start entry.
Go to Top of Page

marianek

USA
32 Posts

Posted - August 31 2013 :  11:22:09  Show Profile Send marianek a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi TM and all
Indeed should be effective, just one or two pulses per revolution .magnets and gravity do the rest job. Timing and balance is critical . I'll build also my own generator .
A lot of fun an thinking, and that's great.
greetings.
Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - September 02 2013 :  09:35:48  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Yourcoffetastestoasty-long name,we need an abreaviation lol.
I missed your entry,so i have posted the video directly here.
Good luck in the build off.

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - September 02 2013 :  09:38:02  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Entry from sonsoftesla.com

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - September 02 2013 :  20:59:26  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here is Mnsman1 entry to the builoff.

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - September 02 2013 :  21:21:14  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Comwarrior's contribution to the buildoff.
Cheers CW.

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - September 02 2013 :  21:23:18  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Entry from Diadon A

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - September 02 2013 :  21:28:40  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ok this one looks interesting from Cord Tennyson

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - September 02 2013 :  22:49:15  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here is Jackscholze's entry video to the buildoff.

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - September 02 2013 :  22:50:59  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Time left update

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

urcoffeetastestoasty

Netherlands
148 Posts

Posted - September 04 2013 :  12:55:12  Show Profile Send urcoffeetastestoasty a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Tinman & all,

Thank you for posting the video for me.
I have made a new video of the progress on the build and I show how I wound these air coils.

There is still some more to build and I'll keep you updated.
JP

Edited by - urcoffeetastestoasty on September 04 2013 12:56:30
Go to Top of Page

hkalan

Hong Kong
1019 Posts

Posted - September 05 2013 :  00:35:53  Show Profile  Visit hkalan's Homepage Send hkalan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello Gentlemen,

Here we are nearly 50% of the build time has passed.

While living on a boat full time in South East Asia. I do not have old TV's and appliances me to gain a variable array of goodies to recycle into any build. Nor a lot of room to store them WINK.

I have been informed that the cores and other parts I have had to order, to fully conplete my entry will be arriving after the 18th or after the PMBO 2013 deadline on the 22nd.

Unfortunately I must withdraw my entry, and place it in the general Pulse Motor Thread.

I will continue to observe all the fantastic entries, and hope you stop by the Pulse Motor thread from time to time and see how my build develops !!!

Good luck to all the entries !

Alan

Go to Top of Page

urcoffeetastestoasty

Netherlands
148 Posts

Posted - September 05 2013 :  08:07:55  Show Profile Send urcoffeetastestoasty a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Alan,

Its a pity the materials wont arrive in time.
I am really looking forward to see your developments.
Good Luck as well.
JP
Go to Top of Page

totoalas

Macao
168 Posts

Posted - September 05 2013 :  13:42:24  Show Profile Send totoalas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi to all
After initial test
the results are failure
1. multiple rotors are attracted to each other in a small dia build
2. With 6 coils in series output is 42 v dc not bad but ordinary
result only
3. Pulsing the coil sideway and bottom does not do any better
4. Used braSS COINS AROUND COIL AND SAND IN CORE NO EFFECT
With these results,, im withdrawing my entry to give way to the new ideas

For now, Im just using the output from one coil to a car ignition coil and use the spark gap for my ionizer build up... the good news
is it only consume 100 ma plus rotor 400 ma @ 12 v is not bad
charging my car battery 60 ah and same time have an air ionizer

GOOD LUCK TO ALL

TOTOALAS
Go to Top of Page

ron_o

United Kingdom
1052 Posts

Posted - September 05 2013 :  17:46:37  Show Profile Send ron_o a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Alan

Sorry to hear that the parts you require will not be with you in time for you to enter this years pulse motor contest.
Still looking forward however to seeing your build in the pulse motor section

All the best

ron
Go to Top of Page

ron_o

United Kingdom
1052 Posts

Posted - September 05 2013 :  17:56:46  Show Profile Send ron_o a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Totoalas

A Brass "core" will lower the inductance of a coil , i assume you mean "black sand" which contains iron compounds ( iron of course raises the inductance of a coil ) , ferrite is far better than "black sand"

Sorry to hear that your withdrawing from the competition

Better luck next time.

ron
Go to Top of Page

gnino

Italy
11 Posts

Posted - September 06 2013 :  01:58:45  Show Profile Send gnino a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi here my entry video
Funny one

Edited by - gnino on September 06 2013 02:04:10
Go to Top of Page

gnino

Italy
11 Posts

Posted - September 06 2013 :  02:01:49  Show Profile Send gnino a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In the Next video with the project more defined i try english description
Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - September 06 2013 :  03:22:33  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
@ Totoalas and Alan
Noooo withdrawing lol.
Alan,what about those black sand cores you were trying?
Totoalas-throw what ever you have together,working or not.
You guys are aloud to change your motor design through the time of the buildoff--so hop to it.

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - September 06 2013 :  03:24:19  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Gnino
Looking forward to that machine running,although i didnt understand most of what you were saying lol.
Great going.

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - September 06 2013 :  19:43:42  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here is JimBoots ! maybe ! entry.

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

hkalan

Hong Kong
1019 Posts

Posted - September 06 2013 :  22:22:11  Show Profile  Visit hkalan's Homepage Send hkalan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey TM,

I am working on the "Wind Gear" at the moment... Recording and documenting every step of the way, but unfortunately there is no way I can have the coils and rotor I want completed in time... Using a 3D printer to make the rotor of my own design.

I am having to much fun to worry about deadlines on this build LOL

Alan

Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - September 07 2013 :  08:23:52  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hkalan

Hey TM,

I am working on the "Wind Gear" at the moment... Recording and documenting every step of the way, but unfortunately there is no way I can have the coils and rotor I want completed in time... Using a 3D printer to make the rotor of my own design.

I am having to much fun to worry about deadlines on this build LOL

Alan
OKIES

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

hkalan

Hong Kong
1019 Posts

Posted - September 07 2013 :  09:48:11  Show Profile  Visit hkalan's Homepage Send hkalan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey TM,

I started a thread in the Pulse motor section, have a look at the video I made using the video glasses that I donated for the PMBO... they work rather well...

You really need to focus where your head is facing, because the lens is on the side of the frames... but overall I am impressed !

Alan

Go to Top of Page

Kryon

USA
54 Posts

Posted - September 07 2013 :  16:17:41  Show Profile Send Kryon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Everyone,

Here is my final video for the 2013 Build off.

It has:
All 2 " Neo Magnets. Total of 10.
Two Rotors on one shaft.
Two Bedini Circuits with the Tinman Single Battery Modification.
Total of four Run Coils and One Charge Coil.
Running on 30.5 Volts and charging 30 volts DC.

Edited by - Kryon on September 07 2013 19:40:55
Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - September 08 2013 :  05:21:52  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Final video already??
Wow ,that was quick lol.

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

Kryon

USA
54 Posts

Posted - September 08 2013 :  14:46:52  Show Profile Send Kryon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi TM,

I had planned on making another run coil and a couple charge coils out of the 18 gauge but I used up all 11 lbs of the new 18 gauge wire on just 3 coils. Basically I ran out of resources & materials.

After watching the wind generator string videos I may partially disassemble my 2013 build and try to make a better charging generator similar to the one in the wind generator. I like the gearing with the two pulley's and belt:). Good idea there!!!

On to another adventure.

Go to Top of Page

gnino

Italy
11 Posts

Posted - September 09 2013 :  04:26:55  Show Profile Send gnino a Private Message  Reply with Quote
First update
Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - September 09 2013 :  06:46:23  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here is MNSmans 3rd update video.

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

Kultus

Australia
614 Posts

Posted - September 10 2013 :  07:01:30  Show Profile  Visit Kultus's Homepage Send Kultus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ok here is my first sorry there is not more, but till that copper wire turns up I'm screwed... if anyone has 50 feet of 1/4 in they wanna sell me and can get to me quick let me know!!! /crys it all hangs on this !!

Never give up, it only takes one crazy Idea to go right, and your not so crazy any more - Kultus 2011

Facebook: You must be logged in to see this link.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
International Alternative Energy Center © 2000-2009 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.48 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2