International Alternative Energy Center
International Alternative Energy Center
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forums
 Transformers, Generators and Electric Motors.
 Mostly Permanent Magnet Motor
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gotoluc

Canada
17 Posts

Posted - July 20 2013 :  10:27:39  Show Profile Send gotoluc a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone,

I have been working on improving a motor design which I came up with some years back.
The idea of this motor design was to mostly use the flux of powerful Neodymium Magnets we now have, since in a standard magnet motor we would not get a power gain just by upgrading the old ceramic magnets to Neodymium Magnets, as we would also have to add more power to the motor coils to overcome the extra attraction force the Neo Magnets have.
However, in my motor design there is no sticky spot, so the more flux the magnets have the more mechanical power the motor has without changing the input power.

I have made a new video which demonstrates this and also demonstrates a better magnet and cores position which takes full advantage of both Permanent Magnet Poles and of the Electromagnet Poles.

This improvement basically double the mechanical output power of my first design without any increase to the input power.

The video should be self explanatory

You must be logged in to see this link.

Luc

Edited by - gotoluc on July 20 2013 11:38:35

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

49er
Administrator

USA
4426 Posts

Posted - July 20 2013 :  14:06:21  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi luc

This is very interesting and useful info. There is a lot of applications this could be useful in and all for the same wattage. Good work

Doug
The sky is not the limit...There are footprints on the MOON.
Your only as DUMB as where your standing.
No matter where you go there you are.
You must be logged in to see this link.
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

gotoluc

Canada
17 Posts

Posted - July 20 2013 :  22:28:06  Show Profile Send gotoluc a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 49er

Hi luc

This is very interesting and useful info. There is a lot of applications this could be useful in and all for the same wattage. Good work

Doug

Hi Doug, thanks for your post.

I agree!... there would be many applications for this.
Here are just a few:
It would make a very powerful speakers
A solenoid that would have equal pull torque along the complete stroke.

When I have time I'll build a very large model. I'm quite sure I can get it to pull more than 1000 grams per watt.

Luc
Go to Top of Page

iaec
Forum Admin

1033 Posts

Posted - July 21 2013 :  09:42:38  Show Profile Send iaec a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Luc
1kg per watt-now that would be usful indeed. I have never worked out how much energy would be required to lift one kg.
I know it takes 9800 joules of energy to lift 1 ton up 1 meter. What is interesting about that is a heavy duty AA battery has about 9480 joules of energy stored within it.So we can just about raise 1 ton by 1 meter using a AA battery.

"Your Damned If You Do And Damned If You Don't"
Go to Top of Page

gotoluc

Canada
17 Posts

Posted - July 21 2013 :  10:06:06  Show Profile Send gotoluc a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi iaec,

thanks for your post.

In regards to lifting 1 ton up 1 meter, here must be a time window this is done in also?

Luc
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
International Alternative Energy Center © 2000-2009 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.24 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2