International Alternative Energy Center
International Alternative Energy Center
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Power of Nature
 Solar Power
 MY SOLAR SETUP
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

49er
Administrator

USA
4443 Posts

Posted - January 27 2012 :  15:01:41  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Ice

I wouldn't ask the city LOL just put it up in a spot they won't see it and make it portable end of story for them. HF sells a light weight trailer just put it on that and as long as it is licensed they can't say a word. Put it in the ground permanent that is another story. Remember you have the world to draw from for ideas to get around every thing except your wife, that is your problem LOL LOL You can anchor the trailer down even but the law says if it is plated the city can't touch it LOL LOL

Doug
The sky is not the limit...There are footprints on the MOON.
Your only as DUMB as where your standing.
No matter where you go there you are.
You must be logged in to see this link.
Go to Top of Page

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

Ice_Viper220

USA
176 Posts

Posted - January 28 2012 :  04:56:08  Show Profile Send Ice_Viper220 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey 49er,
I am just going to wait until I get enough to get the permit as I don't to be running the wiring more than once I want it in conduit. I have 2 kids and a third on the way and I wouldn't want them grabing at my wires. Its okay that opens my budget for other toys lol.
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4443 Posts

Posted - January 28 2012 :  13:03:15  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Ice

That is fine, all the info you can get may help some time

Doug
Go to Top of Page

Ice_Viper220

USA
176 Posts

Posted - January 28 2012 :  22:32:16  Show Profile Send Ice_Viper220 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey 49er,
Dont get me wrong i still have every intention on getting a solar setup up and running. The permit is just another delay. Also after talking with you the single 230w panle i was going to buy to start with will not be enough i want to start with at least 2 of the 230's.
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4443 Posts

Posted - February 10 2012 :  20:14:47  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi All

The battery bank is done for now 9625 AH in the box's.

The basement is crowded but there may be room for one more. The fan system now can be updated with a pulse fan that will supply the main air system with air and charge the fan batteries at the same time. So more to come as soon as I do some more planning.

Doug
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

Kudzu
Administrator

USA
1619 Posts

Posted - February 10 2012 :  23:19:50  Show Profile Send Kudzu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey 49er , Do you have a sign at the door only
"Dracula and Mad Scientist Permitted Beyond This Point" !!! lol
Look's like a sweet setup ..
OH Yea , Did you ever check into those power converters for 110v to 220v ? I don't think I ever heard you say if they would be able to get your 220v for your well of not ( to go off grid completely ) .

==================================================

I still think the only dumb questions are the one's you didn't ask ...
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4443 Posts

Posted - February 11 2012 :  11:10:35  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi K

No but I have been talking about it and I do have it on my favorites bar when it get an idea I look at it. You have to have the inspiration to do that.

Doug
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

iaec
Forum Admin

1033 Posts

Posted - February 11 2012 :  21:50:10  Show Profile Send iaec a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi 49er,

Thats one awesome Bat Bank "9625 AH"...Bat Cave:)
Like K said, they do look like Dracula`s casket.lol
Kinda creepy if someone should walk with you in there and see those closed boxes(caskets).lol
They`ll run like hell, more like run from hell.lol

TimberJack

***Possibilities Within The Impossible***

Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4443 Posts

Posted - February 11 2012 :  22:27:35  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi TJ

I forgot the 600 ah little bank on the floor and there is not any room in those coffins for any one LOL

Doug
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

iaec
Forum Admin

1033 Posts

Posted - February 12 2012 :  15:26:59  Show Profile Send iaec a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi 49er,

10.225 AH bank...thats a pretty large one for one house.
Thats should get you 100% of the grid if you have enough wind and solar power to keep them charged up.

TimberJack

Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4443 Posts

Posted - February 12 2012 :  16:34:50  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi TJ

You hit the next head of the nail. More panels are next but after tax's and then see what we have left. I will shoot for 800 to 1000 watts so more building to come.

Doug
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

fan1701
Average Member

USA
243 Posts

Posted - February 14 2012 :  11:46:46  Show Profile Send fan1701 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi 49er. Awesome battery boxes. When I had all my L16s together I was always a little afraid of dropping something on the bus bars. I used big rubber floor mats to cover the tops of mine. Those vented boxes are very nice.

al

* Not following the manufacturer recommended specs * ON PURPOSE!
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4443 Posts

Posted - February 14 2012 :  13:26:10  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi fan

When are you going to build one?? How is the power coming, can you now recondition a T105 or L16??

Doug
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

fan1701
Average Member

USA
243 Posts

Posted - February 14 2012 :  14:12:46  Show Profile Send fan1701 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi 49er. Don't know yet. I've been slacking, I admit it. I will soon find out though.

al

* Not following the manufacturer recommended specs * ON PURPOSE!
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4443 Posts

Posted - February 15 2012 :  13:31:54  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi fan

I have waited long enough What are you going to do??

Doug
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

iaec
Forum Admin

1033 Posts

Posted - February 15 2012 :  19:17:40  Show Profile Send iaec a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi 49er,

800 to 1000 watts is just what the doctor ordered :)
That should be enough in combo with your wind gens...or not???
I really like the way you are going with this...
If only i had the bloody space to do something like this now but in the future i might have "might".lol
I see your putting some pressure on Fan...haha
So Fan, the question is "What are you going to do??"...lol

TimberJack

Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4443 Posts

Posted - February 15 2012 :  19:36:18  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi TJ

The fans pressure the boxes and pushes the air out side and then I am putting a second fan system so that it draws out the air. That way I have one end pushing and the other end sucking.

Doug
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

hkalan

Hong Kong
1019 Posts

Posted - February 16 2012 :  11:29:14  Show Profile  Visit hkalan's Homepage Send hkalan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello Doug,

Just started following this thread... Brilliant bank !!!

I am only a fraction of your bank.

You could put in three inverters and almost live off the grid.

What is your available sun per day and your average wind speed ??

Alan

Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4443 Posts

Posted - February 16 2012 :  11:46:48  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi HK

That is the bad part of living between the Great Lakes. We have the worst weather for clouds and wind only 8-12 mph when it blows. So all the clouds means about 194 days a yr avg. with sun, not enough. We just went through a 22 day period with no sun and it was hard. This is why I need another 1000 watts for those days with no sun. On a bad day I still get 10 to 15 amps out of them but I need 22 to 25 amps so more input needed. With that said when the sun does shine in the summer I have to turn on all electric in the house and use it up. That is fun to. LOL LOL

Doug
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

iaec
Forum Admin

1033 Posts

Posted - February 16 2012 :  13:36:04  Show Profile Send iaec a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi 49er,

LOL, with Fan i mean our member "Fan"...:))
Thanks for the info on the fans in the boxes...maybe i wrote it wrong.lol

TimberJack

Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4443 Posts

Posted - February 16 2012 :  14:34:58  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi TJ

Had to go back and reread that sorry

Doug
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

Kudzu
Administrator

USA
1619 Posts

Posted - February 16 2012 :  16:04:35  Show Profile Send Kudzu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey 49er ,
Did you ever figure out your flash protection for the Batt box's ?

Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4443 Posts

Posted - February 16 2012 :  17:53:34  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi K

NO I have not the winter has been crap for me so I don't go out much. My wife gets most all my parts and that is something I will have to be inventive on.

Doug
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

Kudzu
Administrator

USA
1619 Posts

Posted - February 16 2012 :  23:42:24  Show Profile Send Kudzu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey 49er,
These are like the one's I was telling you about on the other forum ... I've seen them with smaller mesh ... IDK if these are fine enough for flash protection ... But like I said before, plumb in a cleanout sweep and use a threaded PVC plug just before the turn to lead outside and stuff em in / when they get dirty just pull em out and rinse, then poke em back in ..

Edited by - Kudzu on February 16 2012 23:45:48
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4443 Posts

Posted - February 17 2012 :  11:20:40  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi K

I will send my wife out today and get them. Thanks

Doug
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

Kudzu
Administrator

USA
1619 Posts

Posted - February 18 2012 :  02:11:03  Show Profile Send Kudzu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey 49er ,
Are they fine enough mesh to use for flash suppression ?

Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4443 Posts

Posted - February 18 2012 :  09:33:57  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi K

I don't know yet, My wife didn't go by a walmart yet. I will make her go tomorrow LOL ASK

Doug
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4443 Posts

Posted - March 11 2012 :  12:46:37  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi All

Just a up date Because I have been running the house on wind on bank 1# It has let me use the sun for bank top off and they have been really worked hard sense the 1st of January, we have not had 2 days of sun for a long time and today is day 3 . The Bedini tracker 3 is peeking both bank 2 and 3 at the same time and that is a chore there 6075 AH in the 2.

Doug
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

Firiepete

Australia
30 Posts

Posted - April 08 2012 :  09:13:26  Show Profile Send Firiepete a Private Message  Reply with Quote
49er you have a fantastic set up. we have a 1.5 KW with a 2KW inverter and 6 x 250 watt Solar Panels. When i get a moment or two I will build or purchase another 3 panels to add to the system. It looks fantastic to see the meter going backwards.
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4443 Posts

Posted - April 08 2012 :  22:41:46  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Firiepete

All is good with my setup but it doesn't run the meter backwards and thanks for the Kudos

Doug
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

Firiepete

Australia
30 Posts

Posted - April 09 2012 :  00:17:25  Show Profile Send Firiepete a Private Message  Reply with Quote
49er I assume you are running your entire home on Alternative Energy (Off the grid)My wife is an artist and is a member of a Fine Arts Group anyway one of the members lives out of town, not sure where at the moment. Apparently he lives on a property and to be conected to the grid wasent an option (?) So therefore he was running on a generator for some time. Now as time has passed he has converted his whole house and property to use free Energy. Not sure what he is running or doing at the moment or his electricity needs or skills for that matter. He sounds pretty cluey. In discussions with my wife about my budding interests he has invited us to go over to his property and have a look at his achievements. Im sure it will be very interesting to see what he has done. Who knows As i am reading, learning and getting more interested in this idea of free energy and gleening knowledge from you guys i may invent something of my own one day. ---- Hangon I better not get to ahead of my self - I will get this visit underway and do a report on what i find if you like. I wonder how many housholds are out there surviving on Free Energy like this. Its an interesting thought.
Cheers All
Firiepete

A wonderful future is just ahead
Go to Top of Page

olddawgsrule
Advanced Member

USA
1434 Posts

Posted - April 09 2012 :  08:16:56  Show Profile  Visit olddawgsrule's Homepage Send olddawgsrule a Private Message  Reply with Quote
FiriePete

Sounds like a great experience to go and see what he's doing.

I had the opportunity several years back to work in the 'back-woods' of Up State Maine. I mean 18 miles from the nearest point of grid-power.

I was amazed at how many folks were out there living rather well, off-grid.
Made a some new friends up there and still visit them when up in their area.

Many 'lifestyle' changes, as far as power usage goes, but all basic conveniences we're all used to.
A big difference between a few of their homes and mine was that their kids actually shut off the lights when leaving a room.... LOL...

It was a great experience for me!
Hope it is as well for you!

I'd love to hear about what you see and 'take back' with you.

Could be a great thread to start!!

Old in age, not in mind, so
'Teach me something new'!

Go to Top of Page

Firiepete

Australia
30 Posts

Posted - April 10 2012 :  11:00:53  Show Profile Send Firiepete a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ODR Im looking forward to my visit as well. Great idea about a new thread, stay tuned for my report.

Cheers Firiepete
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4443 Posts

Posted - May 02 2012 :  08:58:54  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi All

Just an update on me solar setup. Have ordered new 120 watt panels and also ordered 4ga wire to come into the house. These new panels will be fixed south and be able to be angled for the seasons. They will be on 2-8' wide panel holders. In full sun the 6X120 watt will make 60 amps and the house has been running on only 68 amps so it will almost double my in put. More experimenting power YA YA.

Doug
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

Kudzu
Administrator

USA
1619 Posts

Posted - May 03 2012 :  14:15:23  Show Profile Send Kudzu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey 49er,
I'm curious if you got the solar panel's that still put out well in cloudy & low light condition's .

=============================================================================

Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4443 Posts

Posted - May 03 2012 :  15:45:27  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi K

The new panels are nothing special that is just what I have been getting 10 to 12 amps on a very cloudy day

Doug
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4443 Posts

Posted - June 08 2012 :  18:00:41  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi All

I have been asked to post a Basic diagram for a solar set up.

This setup is just a 2 panel solar, it has a FUSE in line on the + input wire and should be close to the panel as possible. BEFORE you connect the panels the batteries MUST be connected to the Solar Controller first.

The + wire to the battery MUST have a master Disconnect Switch.

The Inverter MUST have a fuse in the + wire that is at least 20% higher than the inverter will use in the max usage(EXAMPLE) 750 watts has a 1500 watt max boost so that is what the fuse should be rated at(1500/12v=125 amp + 20%=25amp=150 amp fuse. This can be purchased on Ebay

The hookup wire MUST be rated for the amps that your inverter will draw and MUST be hooked up to each end of the bank in that way it works as one battery and not one battery with 2 more batteries to draw from.

A very large inverter will suck a lot of amps from a bank and the bank will have to be able to handle it. A 1500 watt will draw 125 amps and with the boost up to 250amps and a 3000 watt will draw 250 amps and with the boost 500 amps and this is a lot of POWER that can KILL your day real quick if your ducks are not in a row. Check your wire size for the appropriate amp draw that it can take and always with that bigger is better. Hope this helps.

Doug
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4443 Posts

Posted - June 16 2012 :  09:26:12  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi All

This is the info for the new panels

Doug
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

kcarring

Canada
1057 Posts

Posted - June 16 2012 :  15:10:41  Show Profile Send kcarring a Private Message  Reply with Quote
49'er

A little confusing. In one statement, you say: connect the battery to the charge controller first, and then, you suggest a DC disconnect between the battery and charge controller, leaving no where for the inductor or PWM to pulse, when in disconnect mode... potentially.

This is how my setup works:

The main DC disconnect switch is followed by a DC ground fault interrupter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You wouldn't laugh at my igloo if you knew how cold my beer is!

Edited by - kcarring on June 16 2012 15:19:15
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4443 Posts

Posted - June 16 2012 :  15:38:04  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi kc

Long long ago in a system that doesn't exists any more a simple panel and 15 amp controller and batteries was hooked up with no fuses and no shut off's thinking nothing could happen to me. HA HA well the controller got hot and shorted and started to burn up the wire to the batteries and no emergency shut off. So I put a shut between both sides of the controller just for that reason.. I see you put a shut off between the batteries and the inverter Why The inverter uses some BIG AMPS and that switch will have to take 200 to 300 amps and that will be the weak link for you, I use 2-250amp fuses in that way to protect the batteries from a shorted inverter.

Doug
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

kcarring

Canada
1057 Posts

Posted - June 16 2012 :  18:59:45  Show Profile Send kcarring a Private Message  Reply with Quote
@49'er

I agree on the need for protection, but your system has the protection in the wrong place. Certainly you were able to shut off the energy leaving the controller into the batteries, unfortunately, the energy still could be entering the controller; which now sees no load, and it could burn up while you save your battery cables. The correct position is to eliminate the source, an open circuit solar panel poses the least amount of threat.

More importantly it is there as a fire disconnect. Fire crews cannot enter a dwelling, on fire, unless they know that they are safe. Normally, the mains are shutdown, and away they go. If you have a 6 kilowatt array on your roof, that is a lot of energy potentially entering the building, possibly through unprotected (melted) wires. A DC disconnect is a must in large arrays!

The switch that you have shown, is actually for secondary isolation for use with generator-charger. After the main PV array is disconnected with high power DC switch, the charge controller may be disconnected from the battery bank, and the generator-ran-charger is then completely isolated from affecting the solar system, while charging batteries, that way. This, of course, is assuming that an "all-in-one" inverter-charger-controller system is not in use - given that if it were - these functions would already be built in.

The high amp switch between the inverter and the battery is in fact redundant, however it is desirable in that if strangely the inverter becomes incapable of drawing adequate amps to power a load, things can be quickly shutoff. Often people think about "what happens when the current exceeds the limit..." when in reality... often, more often is the case, when a device cannot draw enough current. Brown outs. A quick disconnect enables one to "shut 'er down" in this event. Mine is 300A, which is ample for my system, magnetically operated. High currents are not an issue when handled properly with switches design to handle the arcing. Most inverters are able to handle this, however; relying on the internals of a cheaper inverter - is not advised. In an on-grid, grid tie system, this switch is absolutely necessary, as well. In canada this is required by electrical code and it's presence must be noted during inspection. No switch - No grid tie.

More information on photovoltaic specific Inverter disconnects:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edited by - kcarring on June 16 2012 22:39:36
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4443 Posts

Posted - June 17 2012 :  11:41:02  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi kc

I have not worked on you style solar so I looked up some of the type you use and found this which shows fuses and circuit breaker on each side of the battery which is all I am saying for safety.

My style of solar setup is cheap and yours is costly or a lot more than I want to spend that is all.

Doug
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

kcarring

Canada
1057 Posts

Posted - June 17 2012 :  13:17:42  Show Profile Send kcarring a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That setup works too, because you have a fuse. The fuse can be pulled in lieu of a switch. As to it's effectiveness, it depends on the style. I prefer a high amperage throw switch, in the event of a fire... but as long as you can shut down the input, you're good. It all depends on how many amps you have flowing, at one point my array, now disassembled, and likely to be switched to 24V, was running 10 panels at 80-90A pulses. That's a lot of current, a lot of potential arc'ing. Safety is never something I mind spending an additional $100 on, considering the thousands already invested :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4443 Posts

Posted - June 18 2012 :  08:35:32  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi All

kc has brought it to my attention that for safety reasons I should show in the basic solar setup a MUST use fuse instead of the emergence switch. So that is what is drawn in this pic. The two fuses can be only 5 amps over the max rating for the panels.

Doug
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

kcarring

Canada
1057 Posts

Posted - June 18 2012 :  11:15:55  Show Profile Send kcarring a Private Message  Reply with Quote
'49er

Looks good. I don't mean to be anal retentive here, just observe what I see. I actually have each connection fused and switched, which may be overkill, but you are right... what you have shown is really, the minimum required safety setup for anyone exploring a system of above 250-300 watts.

Cheers

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

Kudzu
Administrator

USA
1619 Posts

Posted - June 18 2012 :  13:51:07  Show Profile Send Kudzu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey Guy's,
I'm curious if y'all use automotive blade switches or double pole double throw switch ( like safety race car kill switch ) for the bank cutoff and panel cutoff / for fire fighter access and safety . If a blade type was used do you just put in in a weather tight box and use dielectric grease ?
I would think fuseable link's for automobile main power maybe handy / they come in different amp rating's and are a permanent installation on cable's ( you could make a junction box to house the link's so they could be easily replaced without having to cut and splice a main cable ) .
I'm just curious for future reference ..

OH Yea, kc ... The Grade B panel's on the solar panel link you posted ... Those just have cosmetic blemishes but, are fully warranted and functional , correct ???

===================================================================================================

"Throughout space there is energy ... It it a mere question of time when man will succeed in attaching their machinery to the very wheelwork of Nature" Nicola Tesla
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4443 Posts

Posted - June 18 2012 :  14:48:08  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi K

Yes you can use any switch as long as it is RATED for the voltage and amps you are going to put through it. I use a 50 amp toggle switch of a semi tractor for my wind gen break. LOL like that ever happens. The ones on house set up are from Harbor Fright for $8.00 on sale, every other month and are rated for 100 amps. LOL And you can use the big blade fuses on the lines for up to there load just make sure that you wire is also up to the load. Wall mart sells in the auto stereo dept a fuse for them that will accept the big blade fused and hold a 4ga wire in and out also 2 wires in and one out with 2 fuses very nice to double the load in or out..

Doug
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

Kudzu
Administrator

USA
1619 Posts

Posted - June 19 2012 :  00:15:15  Show Profile Send Kudzu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey 49er,
Thanks for the info .
OH Yeah , I got a little solar cell that charges a 6v battery / it was a little flood light setup ( I packed it but, haven't ran across it yet ).

I was wondering if it would power a SS SSG to recondition battery's free all day ?
If I can use it would I need to use diode's to keep from harming the panel ?

===================================================================================================

"Throughout space there is energy ... It it a mere question of time when man will succeed in attaching their machinery to the very wheelwork of Nature" Nicola Tesla
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4443 Posts

Posted - June 19 2012 :  10:51:42  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi K

How many volts with a meter?? The SS SSG doesn't like low voltage so not sure how low it needs to have it oscillate. The other thing is when the voltage goes below that threshold that it quits will it come back into oscillation again or not, think not. I have been working on a idea that lets a car relay work the voltage part so it shuts off when the voltage of the panel goes low and engages when it gets high enough to close the relay and that should make the SS SSG oscillate in proper voltage. HOPE In your case 6 volt panel won't run both. IMHO

Doug
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

Kudzu
Administrator

USA
1619 Posts

Posted - June 19 2012 :  20:23:02  Show Profile Send Kudzu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey 49er,
I just got it from my brother-in-law just as we we're moving ... I did take it apart to see what was wrong with it ... Mostly the 6 volt battery was dead I think ... The panel put out a few volt's under a fluorescent light but, I didn't take it outside to see what the sun would make it produce .. It's nothing special but, it was a free cast-off , LOL
I think it is like this one ...

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
International Alternative Energy Center © 2000-2009 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.91 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2