International Alternative Energy Center
International Alternative Energy Center
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forums
 Circuits and Diagrams
 coil-shorting and spiking
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Magneticitist

USA
681 Posts

Posted - December 17 2011 :  11:39:10  Show Profile  Visit Magneticitist's Homepage Send Magneticitist a Private Message  Reply with Quote
i remember posting this info at TEEP a long time ago and i dont think it quite made sense to anyone at the time. was just too unorthodox i suppose but it seems to be common knowledge now that many others have played around with it.

this was the easiest example i could think of, and i had great results in many ways.

the point here is that if you have a magnet rotor, and use pickup coils, then you can use a circuit like this to increase the voltage output of your generator coils immensely. you pretty much turn them into an inductive collapse rather than smooth AC.

as the gen coil internally generates current from the magnet, the reed switch simultaneously shorts the coil out, providing a self induced inductive spike that u can capture. i was charging caps to 100v from my gen coils and they were getting no more than 100 rpm. the precise timing of the instant short is what will produce the varying results.

many uses for the coil shorting though..

[on the gravy train with biscuit wheels]

Edited by - Magneticitist on December 17 2011 11:39:48

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

iaec
Forum Admin

1033 Posts

Posted - December 17 2011 :  14:13:40  Show Profile Send iaec a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeh, coil shorting is good to get those caps full and fast.
You should put a small cap on that FWBR to get a smoother dc out of it for your led or whatever you put there ^^
Btw, like your "COIL .. lol" statement.lol

And shorting it in a specific spot sometimes doesnt slow down the rotor at all :)) wich is good...

TimberJack

***Possibilities Within The Impossible***

You must be logged in to see this link.
Go to Top of Page

IrishDave

Ireland
850 Posts

Posted - December 17 2011 :  17:23:31  Show Profile Send IrishDave a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice.
It looks similar to the add on kit for the 3 pole that is used for dumping back into the run battery.
Go to Top of Page

kcarring

Canada
1057 Posts

Posted - December 29 2011 :  14:13:09  Show Profile Send kcarring a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Magneticitist:

Cool, thanks!

i hooked up the hot dog, and wrapped the dog hair as shown, but I don't know man... LOL

no seriously, thanks! :)
Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - December 29 2011 :  16:46:52  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Kcarring-lol
Hey mag,i think you might like my new setup-lens law smashed,on pulse motor section.The coil isnt quite shorted ,but very close with only a 1.3 ohm resistance on the load.There is defently something in coil shorting-but insted of shorting it right out try a transformer hooked in reverse ,one with about 1 to 2 ohms on the secondary side.

Remember-when you make a mistake you have just learned how not to do it.This only brings you one step closser to success.The only way to fail is to never try>>>>TinMan<<<<
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
International Alternative Energy Center © 2000-2009 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2