International Alternative Energy Center
International Alternative Energy Center
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forums
 Tesla Projects
 My Tesla Saga Begins .... By Kul'tus.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kultus

Australia
614 Posts

Posted - March 18 2013 :  09:11:24  Show Profile  Visit Kultus's Homepage Send Kultus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is only the beginning guys, tuning my circuit and my coils over the next few days, need to mod the electronics a little more... really need a proper NST, but for now my Jarcar (silicon chip magazine) Jacob's ladder with VN commodore ignition coil will have to do, modifying it the right way I am having great results so far...

tomorrow I will add a system of capacitor to switch between so I can get a better range of the 555 astable circuit .... but with results like this so far ... skys the limit!!

other things I need to do is:

*Build proper Spark gap (rotating as you have seen in other videos)

*find correct range of Cap bank required (Voltage found to suit electronics,
now just need to find correct farad range)

*tune the primary a little more

*Mod electronics (systems of caps for frequency and change out one of the pots for modulation)

Enjoy this quick vid for now.... oh and I didn't show in the Video, but I can pulse a 2ft fluro from 2-3 feet away with no trouble at all :)

Never give up, it only takes one crazy Idea to go right, and your not so crazy any more - Kultus 2011

You must be logged in to see this link.
Facebook: You must be logged in to see this link.

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

The_Architect
Average Member

USA
327 Posts

Posted - March 19 2013 :  08:22:53  Show Profile  Visit The_Architect's Homepage Send The_Architect a Private Message  Reply with Quote
nice. from what I have seen of the slayer circuit, I am guessing at somepoint, we will be able to light an entire 2 bedroom apartment worth of rooms, with like 10 watts of power, (and by light up I mean the same level of light, as you would get from 4x four foot fluorescent 80 watt bulbs in each room.) Can not wait to see your next video :)

Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent
Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - March 21 2013 :  19:28:09  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
H Kult
I found this video on youtube.He is using 3 MOT's in series,and getting some good results-very good results lol.

swim at 90 degrees to the current and gain speed in two directions

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

Kultus

Australia
614 Posts

Posted - March 21 2013 :  20:13:10  Show Profile  Visit Kultus's Homepage Send Kultus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What I really want is something mobile, 3 mots are not really mobile lol ... this way I can take to a site of known fault lines and other activity and trail where I want... any ideas are going to be helpful, I have 1 standard barrel / drum style Ignition coil .. may need to find another ... do the dual ignition coil like you suggested TM

Never give up, it only takes one crazy Idea to go right, and your not so crazy any more - Kultus 2011

Go to Top of Page

Kultus

Australia
614 Posts

Posted - March 24 2013 :  22:11:19  Show Profile  Visit Kultus's Homepage Send Kultus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Have a small Evertron NST is 4-0-4kv @ 25ma ... has enough guts to it that I blew out all my microwave oven diodes I was using to make up a FBWR, so now I have to make up a "terry filter" and get new diodes... *sigh* we'll it is a work in progress,

Also the wife and I met a Lady from Adelaide about a week ago (where we will go on holiday in may )in a chat room, and turns out she's quite knowledgeable with what we do, knew who Nikola Tesla is and has a friend she intends to introduce me to, that get this ... made his own Tesla coil from scratch, including the NST style transformer to power it, so this is going to be one fun trip .. I will make sure the Camera is charged up and ready to go and fingers crossed he wants to get it out and show it off to me :)

anyhow that's the best I can do for a update at this stage, need to build the Terry Filter before I can continue or I'm just going to blow more diodes and maybe the power supply it's self (will need to start putting everything in oil as well)

From my 8kv power supply I was getting 15kv BEMF spikes in the tank circuit so going to have to go over kill with everything from here in .....and I'm not allowed to spend any money till after our holiday so might be a little slow going for the next few weeks, but we are well underway now ... You can judge that by how freaked out family members get from the lightening strikes in the back yard, they weren't impresses when I explained (while working bare footed) that wearing shoes would make no difference if I put my hand in the wrong spot I may as well die comfortable ... well I thought it was a funny .... lol

I am still thinking that using 2x ignition coils might be a lot more mobile, but with a terry filter I maybe able to get away with using my 600watt inverter and my small NST ... but I really don't want to blow that up ....

Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - March 25 2013 :  19:27:14  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey Kultus-we got a new hot water system?

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

Kultus

Australia
614 Posts

Posted - March 25 2013 :  19:39:25  Show Profile  Visit Kultus's Homepage Send Kultus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes I watched that last night too Tinman, Not a Bad effort and I quite like his Coil within a coil ... reminds me very much of Tesla's Patent for apparatus for transmitting of electrical energy (#1,119,732) but lets be clear the young fella here has a Slayer exciter too, not really a Tesla coil... BUT I do think he is on the right path.

ok a video update of the progress as it stands now ...

Edited by - Kultus on March 26 2013 03:47:27
Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - March 26 2013 :  04:27:42  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Now I have to ask, but how is it he can boil water with one wire?
I'm wondering if it is actualy HHO? Is it possible he has found the right tune?
I did see steam, but I have seen that with HHO aswell
I'm going to watch it again tonight I think- along with your video

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

Kultus

Australia
614 Posts

Posted - March 26 2013 :  04:44:19  Show Profile  Visit Kultus's Homepage Send Kultus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It could be HHO..... but ... I think what would be going on is the bottom of the test tube he is using is being super heated at one point at the very bottom of the tube, the water with in the first cubic CM (or less) is getting very hot and then rising to the top, the reason you see no steam is more to do with the fact of how much of that water is being heated up (remember temperature and heat are 2 different things) The energy from the output of a slayer exciter has extreme temperature, enough to burn great holes in you skin that take weeks to heal (I know I've done it many times ) but it doesn't have the heat coming off it to melt your whole finger or hand off... So basically it's a very small amount of water being heated to boiling point and rising to the top, the rest of the tube and water is a heat sink, but keep in mind, a heat sink that is doing stuff all as the energy doesn't have enough behind it to boil the test tube anyhow ....

... But it still could be HHO, I just have my doubts .... we need to contact him and send him a box of matches to be sure .....

Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - March 26 2013 :  06:32:38  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey kultus,the orange PVC you are using is electrical PVC(as you would have probably know)but it has a higher static suppresion rate than that of normal pvc(the white stuff between the two orange layers)This may be why you have a lower output than that of the normal white pvc.

Now what i need from you is a circuit for one of these you beaut tesla towers-as there are so many out there,and i dont know which one to use lol.
I have my 15kv transformer,and have a circuit for that-but this might be a bit much to start with lol.
Now what about wire size for the secondary(tower)?I have mile's of .3mm-is that to small?

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

Kultus

Australia
614 Posts

Posted - March 26 2013 :  08:25:47  Show Profile  Visit Kultus's Homepage Send Kultus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Everything you have there is perfect, but things get very tricky from here, but before I get into that ...I will say 1 thing using a NST which I think is what I saw you had once as the power supply, you WILL NEED to make up what is called a "terry filter" .. this will stop any HV BEMF spikes going back into your NST which will burn it out and it will if you don't have a terry filter in place.

now apart from the Terry Filter, your going to want some 40KV door knob caps and 10M ohm bleeding resistors. (or stay tuned cause the next couple of days I'll be building my own very large HV salt water Caps like Tesla, very similar to my old ones but a little different)

ok now the Complex stuff, You are going to need to build everything to a scale, everything in your tank circuit must match up You'll do best to put aside a afternoon (or a week) and and have a good read up on this web site

Remember the voltages you will be working with here are way above what you normally used to, 1 miss places finger and your dead!! no second chances here, it's not a Flyback transformer that you can get a bite and live to tell the tail .... everything you do with your Tesla coil must be VERY methodical, every movement is thought out and as much time as you need is taken to double check before placing your hands ANYWHERE!

Now If you want to build a little one like mine to start with you can do it with a smaller evertron 10kv @ 20ma they are a prebuilt flyback and driver circuit and work well, but knowing you and not ever doing things in halves we'll skip that unless you tell me otherwise lol, but even with one of those, the voltages in the Tesla Circuit are way above the ratings of you input transformer as the tank circuit will double / triple the voltage within it.

I will draw up my schematic I am using as the one I am using is different to the one most people us. but it's still very simple. Connect your cap bank to the power supply with diodes on each leg facing the same way (power supply --->|--- CAP) and connect 1 leg of your Cap bank directly to the Primary coil, the other leg to your spark gap, other end of your spark gap tot he other side of your Primary coil.... earth / ground the bottom of secondary and place top load to the top of the Sec ... make sure there is some space between the top load and the end of your sec, even insulate the top load away from the coil by a few inches and make sure you add some form of grounding loop to the out side of the Primary if you get arc over from the Top load to your primary, your going to blow the crap out of things.

Alright I think I've done about all I can do here as I am still very much in the learning phase of actually Building one, I have the theory down pat in my head but may mistake to learn yet I think. but still ask away I try to answer anything I can mate.

Oh and if you decide you don't want to build one....... I'll take that 15kv power supply off your hands lol :p

Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - March 26 2013 :  09:35:05  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No second chances??-ah it cant be that bad,i mean have a look at this poor clown lol.

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - March 26 2013 :  09:38:40  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Now im thinking of a double sparkgap on the transformer side(if i use the NST)and then one for the cap fireing.Now i did see a video on this some where,i will have to try and find it.

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

Kultus

Australia
614 Posts

Posted - March 26 2013 :  09:54:34  Show Profile  Visit Kultus's Homepage Send Kultus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ok what your referring to is whats called a safety gap and that is part of your Terry Filter setup as you will learn when you read up on the site I posted above for you.

It's set to fire just above the voltage of your transformer and your main spark gap, that way if say your main gap is set at and your transformer is rated at 15kv, then you would set your safety gap for just above that 16-16.5kv ... give or take, then if the BEMF of say 20kv it will earth out in the safety gap before reaching the NST and burning it out, the Terry Filter is to stop "noise" and other radio type interference making it back into your NST and your house wiring (blowing up every sensitive electronic device in you house)

but I suggest you read up on the site above have a really good read before you start.... oh and have fun with the math lol :p

Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - March 29 2013 :  05:15:53  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Decided to go S/S with my build.
Also we are going for a musical setup.I have already orded the midi interuptor from the geeks club.
Will take some time,but if we are going to do it-might aswell go all out.

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4443 Posts

Posted - March 29 2013 :  08:36:37  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi TM

That was wild

Doug
The sky is not the limit...There are footprints on the MOON.
Your only as DUMB as where your standing.
No matter where you go there you are.
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - March 29 2013 :  21:54:49  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Doug
Im guessing you and Steve made it safe-cool.
Yes,it's a preaty awsome show,and im going to have a go at building one myself.I have to try and catch up with the doc down the road,and see how his is built(as far as coil's go).Might even see if he will put on a show for us-if it's still running.

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

Kultus

Australia
614 Posts

Posted - April 05 2013 :  22:54:49  Show Profile  Visit Kultus's Homepage Send Kultus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ok stage 3 complete Home made low capacitance condensers, very simple in construction but extremely robust

This afternoon, I'm goingt o build up a safety gap as the spikes going back in to the NST now are well exceeding the maximum and is going to burn it out ...so with that done this arvo it will all be down to tuning the coils ....

Edited by - Kultus on April 05 2013 22:55:16
Go to Top of Page

IrishDave

Ireland
850 Posts

Posted - April 06 2013 :  07:21:56  Show Profile Send IrishDave a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Very nice Kultus.

I have not seen that been done before.
Did you leave the remainder of the salt water in the container when putting the bottles in?
Why only 12 bottles?
Go to Top of Page

Kultus

Australia
614 Posts

Posted - April 06 2013 :  08:10:58  Show Profile  Visit Kultus's Homepage Send Kultus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes I left the excess salt behind and it's 500mls of water as it was no harm would only make the cell stronger and 12 bottle is what fits in those buckets perfectly... and also gives us a nice neat number of 10nf of capacitance

ALL of the surface area of the glass is your bucket, cover with water is the area of your dielectric

All water surface area is the size of your plate's area (this is any surface where water meets glass)

Edited by - Kultus on April 07 2013 21:48:08
Go to Top of Page

Kultus

Australia
614 Posts

Posted - August 09 2013 :  23:59:52  Show Profile  Visit Kultus's Homepage Send Kultus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Right so many of you will know we've had a fairly large Tesla coil project on the go, plenty of stuff to be found on Youtube and my facebook page here: You must be logged in to see this link.

But here the general jist,

The main portion of this project is the transmission of wireless energy around the world, I have a good friend Kent who is a wiz with radios (HAM etc) who is building the first receiver coil, the second person involved is one you may already be familiar with and that is Shazizz the mad scientist. the aim of this will be to do a live stream of the 3 coils, my TX coil in Australia and the 2 RX coils in the USA, from here in Australia, I will use timed bursts like morse code to show proof of concept.

The USA based coils receiving my transmission wirelessly and with out input power on their sides the build is well on it's well now with the base constructed the Cap bank and Terry filters 95% complete (just waiting on terminal connectors to arrive)

Still a couple things short, need to get the 1/4 copper tube for the primary coil, would like to get my hands on a larger transformer ( Know where there is a pole pig that needs a good home, need to find the owner and have a chat) We have a 110 volt 10KVA (9KW) generator being made for us as the build and future HV builds will be based around the 110v input as getting parts from the USA is cheaper by far and easier in most cases to find.

For those of you who have seen the monster variac we purchased it is a 40amp 110v input with 0-250 output, so as you can now see the Genny is now a 0-250 genny @ 8000 watts.

To me this is the end game set up of any high voltage setup for the home researcher, seriously if you need more than 8KW you shouldn't be doing this at home lol.

Keep an eye on both the Facebook page and the youtube channel plus I will keep up to date on this thread now stuffs going quiet.

Related Links

You must be logged in to see this link. <<-- Shazizz's Youtube channel if you are not familiar with his work

You must be logged in to see this link. <<-- If you have been living under a rock link to Kulty's and Shazizz's radio shows (all times on the schedule are in Dublin time)

Edited by - Kultus on August 10 2013 10:10:44
Go to Top of Page

hkalan

Hong Kong
1019 Posts

Posted - August 11 2013 :  11:13:51  Show Profile  Visit hkalan's Homepage Send hkalan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey brother,

This is One-hell-of-A project you have going on... You are truly on a path I have only thought about !!!

Very impressive my friend !!!

Alan

Go to Top of Page

Kultus

Australia
614 Posts

Posted - September 08 2013 :  01:16:24  Show Profile  Visit Kultus's Homepage Send Kultus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Quick little update, The Terry Filter is almost complete, just need these pesky lugs from the US and we're sweet :D More to see on my facebook wall :)

Edited by - Kultus on September 08 2013 02:05:05
Go to Top of Page

Kultus

Australia
614 Posts

Posted - September 16 2013 :  10:17:45  Show Profile  Visit Kultus's Homepage Send Kultus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
More update for you all on the Tesla Coil Saga, enjoy :)

So we ran into only 1 major problem running the variac inrush current, this fixed it, nice choke and step down in one!! MOTS IS THERE NOTHING YOU CANNOT FIX!

Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4443 Posts

Posted - September 16 2013 :  10:34:02  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Kultus

Nice looking TOASTER just don't be the bread.

Doug
The sky is not the limit...There are footprints on the MOON.
Your only as DUMB as where your standing.
No matter where you go there you are.
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

Kultus

Australia
614 Posts

Posted - September 16 2013 :  19:39:05  Show Profile  Visit Kultus's Homepage Send Kultus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Toaster ? , this is a rabbit roaster Doug!! lol

Go to Top of Page

Kultus

Australia
614 Posts

Posted - October 10 2013 :  04:57:03  Show Profile  Visit Kultus's Homepage Send Kultus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just a quick update guys the reason you have seen nothing more of this since the PMBO, is someone stole my camera yet again, so we have another on the way soon as it's here expect plenty of updates in the mean time check out My other topic on this subject to see where we are heading next You must be logged in to see this link.

Go to Top of Page

Kultus

Australia
614 Posts

Posted - October 11 2013 :  04:40:25  Show Profile  Visit Kultus's Homepage Send Kultus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What to do when resonance matching makes things WAAAAAAAAAAYYY too powerful, we had some major flash over between the Pri and Sec coils with a recent mod, You can see how we sunk the Sec down into a cavity we cut in the center of the Pri coil and the pic below that you can see what we did to fix the issues, Nylon builders string makes a great insulator once coated in varnish :)

[

Edited by - Kultus on October 11 2013 04:42:00
Go to Top of Page

urcoffeetastestoasty

Netherlands
148 Posts

Posted - October 12 2013 :  15:22:47  Show Profile Send urcoffeetastestoasty a Private Message  Reply with Quote
that's one heck of a coil!
Go to Top of Page

Kultus

Australia
614 Posts

Posted - October 12 2013 :  22:36:27  Show Profile  Visit Kultus's Homepage Send Kultus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cheers JP it's been one hell of a ride lol

Now we are unable to contain the field, the mod above stopped the breakout between the Pri and sec coil, but now we get a Plasma field around the Topload (toroid) for around 2 feet and arcing from the top layer of the Sec coil to the top layer of the nylon coating, So next step now is to try and contain that outbreak as it seem the more I contain it the greater that field is becoming around the Topload, So i will wrap the rest of the exposed coil and varnish, once tac dry add a second layer of nylon and varnish that.

Shazizz brought to my attention that nylon is used as one of the rollers in ta Van de Graaff generator, so there maybe something in that, creating a static charge around the Coil itself of many times the power of that that I am putting in, I am saying that purely based on visual calculation and nothing more, So yes I am guessing that is what it looks like, but in saying that it's a pretty educated guess, you can only get so much out of 12KV @ 30 MA, this far exceeds the expected effect that one would expect from that input energy.

the new camera should arrive during the week and should be more suited to Taking shots of this phenomenon, I can reproduce the effect with easy, that has been no problem at all, explaining WTF I am seeing and why, that is posing some issues lol

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
International Alternative Energy Center © 2000-2009 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.3 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2