International Alternative Energy Center
International Alternative Energy Center
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Power of Nature
 Solar Power
 Regulator
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

IrishDave

Ireland
850 Posts

Posted - March 07 2013 :  10:34:57  Show Profile Send IrishDave a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My regulator arrived today.
You must be logged in to see this link.

On the front it shows the inputs for the panel, outputs for the battery and a 3rd set of outputs that shows a bulb.
What does that 3rd set do?

The manual has been translated from Chinese to English and is total jargon.

It also seems to have programs installed.
3 = Light Control On + 3 Hour Delay Off.
What does this mean/do?

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

Anothercoilgun

140 Posts

Posted - April 14 2013 :  14:38:19  Show Profile Send Anothercoilgun a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Its most likely too late to answer but could still help the next person.

A 3rd/lamp terminal is usually the LOAD output. Function is to disconnect load during over current or under voltage conditions to protect the battery.

OLD Boy's %@+$!~^ Bench :)
Go to Top of Page

IrishDave

Ireland
850 Posts

Posted - April 15 2013 :  04:13:35  Show Profile Send IrishDave a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cheers :)

My panel is still awaiting to be installed, so the regulator has not been in action yet, although I am tempted to set up something temporarily with the weather warming up now.
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4426 Posts

Posted - April 15 2013 :  09:08:13  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Dave
The light is a control to house lights(LOAD) or garden lights or anything BUT watch your amp out put,do not exceed you controllers amp max output. I did that all ready and didn't realize it.LOL The turn ON/OFF is the time only for the load and there is a low volts it will also turn off with. There is a max voltage you can limit for the input to the batt. bank but it should come pre-set from the factory. I have two or three different types of manuals I could Email to you for reference. Also hook up your battery leads first,A MUST.Hope this helps

Doug
The sky is not the limit...There are footprints on the MOON.
Your only as DUMB as where your standing.
No matter where you go there you are.
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

IrishDave

Ireland
850 Posts

Posted - April 15 2013 :  10:47:18  Show Profile Send IrishDave a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Doug.

If you could email me the manual, that would be great.
I have read back through mine again and it still has me scratching my head.
Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - April 16 2013 :  07:47:11  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Dave
I thought this video may help.The charge controller looks the same as yours(i think)

swim at 90 degrees to the current and gain speed in two directions

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4426 Posts

Posted - April 16 2013 :  08:32:08  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Dave

TM gave you the video for your unit so you don;t need my manual and that good for it was hard to use for me to. I own 3 of those and used them for a week just long enough to buy a bigger one that is easer. LOL thanks TM

Doug
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

IrishDave

Ireland
850 Posts

Posted - April 17 2013 :  07:13:00  Show Profile Send IrishDave a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cheers TM/Doug :)

Mine has an extra LED, but it just looks like a warning light of some sort.
I did not realize it had so many functions when I purchased it and the above video (and his earlier one) should be of great help.
It also makes some sense of the manual now too.

While the panel is still not installed, I have been working away on conditioning some car batteries with my TS 10 for use on the setup.
I have been keeping a video diary of my work too.
I have been running my 37LED light for 14 hours every night. It is good to see some usable power while discharging the batteries and my wife was happy for the light to be installed in our bathroom (which is the only light that is left on throughout the night) so it is also good to know that I am saving 11w p/h while the LEDs are running :)
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4426 Posts

Posted - April 18 2013 :  07:49:26  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Dave

That is the way to start. BIG thing the wife is happy. LOL Looking forward to more Green reports

Doug
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

IrishDave

Ireland
850 Posts

Posted - April 19 2013 :  06:46:28  Show Profile Send IrishDave a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Doug.

I was hoping to have my panel set up temporarily this week, but we have had storms with heavy rain.
Today is not too bad but my first thing to do is to fix my greenhouse which collapsed in the high winds yesterday.
I am almost afraid to go out now and assess the damage :( It looks bad from the house.
I am hoping to get 4 more car batteries this weekend too.
I will also post some footage as I am going along - I have been video camera happy the last 2 weeks and have quite a bit to upload :)
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4426 Posts

Posted - April 19 2013 :  08:47:31  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Dave

Sorry to here about your green house. Maybe you con rebuild it and you will know where the week spots are. LOL if there is any thing left to look at. good luck

Doug
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

IrishDave

Ireland
850 Posts

Posted - April 20 2013 :  05:55:24  Show Profile Send IrishDave a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Doug.

The greenhouse did not survive. I can salvage the shelving, but the rest of it is going into the bin.
The weather looks just smashing here today so hoping to try out my stuff in the coming hours :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
International Alternative Energy Center © 2000-2009 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2