International Alternative Energy Center
International Alternative Energy Center
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forums
 Transformers, Generators and Electric Motors.
 The rotary transformer project
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - February 16 2013 :  21:50:27  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is a new project i have started in relation to the L.A.G
I am calling it a rotary transformer,as that is what it is.
It works on the same effect seen in the L.A.G ,but on a much larger scale and much better performance.

swim at 90 degrees to the current and gain speed in two directions

skype-thetinman.69

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - February 16 2013 :  21:54:08  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here is the first video showing the disasembled motor that will be converted to the rotary transformer.
I have used this motor as they are very common and easy to find-for those that wish to build one them self's.

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4426 Posts

Posted - February 16 2013 :  22:03:04  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi TM

What kind of motor is it. What kind of power do you need to run it and get out of it?? Looks interesting

Doug
The sky is not the limit...There are footprints on the MOON.
Your only as DUMB as where your standing.
No matter where you go there you are.
You must be logged in to see this link.
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - February 16 2013 :  22:17:35  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi 49er
The motor is a 240 volt series wound motor from an old washing machine (i think i have this info in the next video-which is uploading now)
We will only be running it on 24 volt's rectified AC (no caps)to start with.
This is the perfect motor for this project-although i will have to rewind the field windings to get maximum performance from the R.T.M
(rotary transformer motor)

You will also see in the next video that the output from the transformer lights up a 110 volt neon with no problem at all.
This is due to the rapid switching of the rotor and also the rectified pulse AC.
So it also make a great battery desulphator.

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - February 16 2013 :  23:07:33  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here is the R.T.M first run.
The field windings have to be rewound next,so as we can seperate the two transformer coils from each other.

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

Kultus

Australia
614 Posts

Posted - February 16 2013 :  23:33:37  Show Profile  Visit Kultus's Homepage Send Kultus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looking good TM, needed to get those stator windings done and show us some numbers, can't wait to see how it goes mate!

Never give up, it only takes one crazy Idea to go right, and your not so crazy any more - Kultus 2011

Facebook: You must be logged in to see this link.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

2079 Posts

Posted - February 16 2013 :  23:35:11  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message  Reply with Quote
very cool motor test your doing there tinman. cant wait to see the output once you rewind with heavier wire.

Skype user name: SD3Txxx
Go to Top of Page

William Reed

Ukraine
5 Posts

Posted - February 17 2013 :  00:39:05  Show Profile Send William Reed a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tin Man your work with this is very impressive! I would like to replicate what you have done with this motor, but I am Not sure that I will get everything hooked up right without a schematic of the way you have wired this motor.
My hats off to you. for a while I thought you may have given up on it is good to see that you're still at it keep up the good work!
thanks for sharing .

Edited by - William Reed on February 17 2013 01:17:43
Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - February 17 2013 :  02:11:14  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi WR
I will never give up,but time hasnt been on my side lately,and its just been to hot to get into the workshop.
I will post a scematic once i am happy with the way we have to wind the transformer coil's.
But i will be videoing my first winding re-arangment,so as we have a video record as to what works and what dosnt.
Once the transformer windings are correct,we can then change over to a pulsed DC and collect the kickback from the rotor winding's aswell.
I need to build a 20 amp /24 volt motor sped controler for that part of the project,or i may just buy another one the same as the one i blew up lol.

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

erfinder

26 Posts

Posted - February 17 2013 :  02:41:34  Show Profile  Send erfinder a Yahoo! Message Send erfinder a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I hope the UFO crew is viewing this...cause it shows how ignorant their leader is...I told him this is the way to go back when he started...but he didn't believe....proof has finally arrived...I performed this exact same experiment a month ago, and was dumbfounded by its simplicity. Keep it coming Tinman, I will be begin shooting and uploading videos soon as well..

Regards
Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - February 17 2013 :  05:37:06  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi erfinder
Good to see you are still about the forum.
UFO-lol,i would like to see any of his motors drop in current draw when pulling a load from the generator side.
Looking forward to your video's.

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4426 Posts

Posted - February 17 2013 :  09:34:42  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi TM

Very Very nice video It looks like you have found something to show off your talent TO KICK ASS

Doug
The sky is not the limit...There are footprints on the MOON.
Your only as DUMB as where your standing.
No matter where you go there you are.
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

IrishDave

Ireland
850 Posts

Posted - February 17 2013 :  09:46:36  Show Profile Send IrishDave a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice work TM!

I am getting similar results with my 3 battery setup. Motors run faster when an extra load is added.
Looking forward to following this.
Go to Top of Page

erfinder

26 Posts

Posted - February 17 2013 :  10:04:37  Show Profile  Send erfinder a Yahoo! Message Send erfinder a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tinman....

Bad news...my original motor is trashed....got a replacement and wired it up...but its not getting the acceleration effect, the standard generator effect is also weak....Why are the effects so pronounced in your rig? I have tried everything that I can try so far...but its not doing it...I also noted that my motor doesn't light up the neon across the transformer winding like yours is doing in your demo...sign of there being a possible major difference in inductance..whats the open circuit voltage that your transformer coil (I am assuming you are only using one of the windings) is generating? I'd love to get my machine up to par with yours before you move on to the next step...

Regards
Go to Top of Page

twally67
Average Member

USA
251 Posts

Posted - February 17 2013 :  15:37:04  Show Profile Send twally67 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
have you tried to light florescent lights with that setup?????? if it light and led light and a neon a florescent light would be a breeze. and with the gain in rpm and would generate work for anything you needed. think of it as a mechanical ballast as well as a transformer.

sometimes meltdowns though kinda $$ make the best inspirations!!!

Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - February 17 2013 :  18:06:08  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
@ twally
It is good to see your still around twally.
I have unwound the stator coil's so as i can rewind them the correct way,but i will try the CFL as soon as it's up and running with the new winding configuration.

@EF
I would think that maybe your brush timeing is to advanced,as brush timeing is very important in this setup.
You need the rotor segment to fire so as there is a higher % of that segment on the trailing side of the stator core than there is on the leading side.
I will be showing this in a video soon.

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

William Reed

Ukraine
5 Posts

Posted - February 18 2013 :  00:38:06  Show Profile Send William Reed a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Your work is definitely encouraging me to keep moving forward !
I have a large digital Tesla switch that has no problem running continuously at a 150 amps. It is set up with pulse width modulation and variable frequency so I am anxious to use it on this project!
Go to Top of Page

erfinder

26 Posts

Posted - February 18 2013 :  08:32:47  Show Profile  Send erfinder a Yahoo! Message Send erfinder a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TinMan

@EF
I would think that maybe your brush timeing is to advanced,as brush timeing is very important in this setup.
You need the rotor segment to fire so as there is a higher % of that segment on the trailing side of the stator core than there is on the leading side.
I will be showing this in a video soon.

So did you need to adjust the timing of the motor you are demonstrating in your video?

Regards
Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - February 19 2013 :  06:24:10  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ok,so we have one secondary winding on.
I have placed a fan on the rotor shaft,ao as we can see there is a torque and RPM increase when we load the secondary coil in the right direction.

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

Jet

Canada
129 Posts

Posted - February 19 2013 :  09:46:46  Show Profile  Visit Jet's Homepage Send Jet a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is definitely a important concept. Good job. It is practical, much more so than the old Bedini motor of the past. It is something we can all use now, to improve the efficiency of our electric motor in the homes.

I'm still not clear on how to wire it up, but will get to the bottom of it.

TinMan, could you post a crude schematic, a paper drawing will suffice. It will help slow people like me!

Jet
Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - February 19 2013 :  17:22:58  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
@EF
The brush timeing was only shifted about 2*
Once the arcing stop's,you are in the right spot.

@jet
It is good to see you are still around jet.
I will be doing a schematic soon,just need to get it spot on first.

Last night i did a test against a standard house fan motor driveing the same fan as seen in the video.
The house fan motor is rated to be 76% efficient-not realy good compaired to what we have today,but good enough.
I think you might get a bit of a shock as to how efficient this motor actualy is.

Video up tonight.

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

jneo

Australia
96 Posts

Posted - February 19 2013 :  19:47:22  Show Profile Send jneo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi TM Looking good mate You are one of a kind I can barley get an ssg circuit to run I was thinking can you apply this generator effect on a window motor ssg style if i could post a video of it for you to check out see what you think where should i post it for you to see?I have wound each coil with 4 stands each 2 vertical and 2 at 90% that gives me 16 start and 16 ends I have run it on one transistor and a rheostat am getting 40 watts of one coil when running regards jneo
Go to Top of Page

Darrell

USA
108 Posts

Posted - February 19 2013 :  20:49:40  Show Profile Send Darrell a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Another great build you got there TM. I wonder if permanet magnets could be use on the out of the caseing to improve efficency further? I got the idea from the below video

Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - February 19 2013 :  23:28:06  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi jneo
Just start a thread in the pulse motor section
You will get a lot of interest with a window motor
40 watts out on one coil? It must be a large unit

@ Darrell
I tried placing some strong neo's on the cores, but it made no difference
My guess is that the cores are just to big, and the flux is just disapaiting around the outside of the cores

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - February 20 2013 :  09:57:26  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Apples for apples
Watts for RPM

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - February 20 2013 :  10:19:05  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A bit of simple math for the above test
Standard motor
37.22 Rev's per watt

The rotary transformer in loop mode
77.84 Rev's per watt

The efficiency of the standard motor is a minimum 86%

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

Jet

Canada
129 Posts

Posted - February 20 2013 :  11:20:12  Show Profile  Visit Jet's Homepage Send Jet a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi All,
@TM, Good progress,I'm posting my calculation of the efficiency, below;

Standard Motor:
Rated 86% as per Australian Standards.
36 Watt consumption,
1340 RPM with Fan Load.

----------------------------------------------
Transfo-motor:
Volt in: 21.89
Amp in 1.07
Watt in to Watt in Transformer only: 17 Watts
Motor only: 21.89 * 1.07 = 23.42 Watts
Total Watt: Power Supply + Motor = 43.4 Watts
Watt in Motor only: 43.4 - 17 = 26.4 Watts
2055 RPM with Fan Load.
---------------------------------------------
Efficiency: Watt
23.42 / 26.4 Watts = 88.7% (This method may be wrong, but looks good, Let me Know)

The Transfo-motor uses 9.6 watts less and runs faster by 715 RPM or
65% faster (1340/2055)

Once the second coil is in, I'm sure we all be surprised at the new results.

Jet
Go to Top of Page

Flux4Energizer

Netherlands
2 Posts

Posted - February 20 2013 :  18:47:13  Show Profile Send Flux4Energizer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice work TM!
I see the numbers a bit different as Jet (sorry Jet no offense).

The way i see them:
Your Fanmotor is 86% efficient and is taking 36.2 Watts to drive the fan to 1340 RPM.
That would mean that would the motor be 100% efficient it would drive the fan up to 1558.14 RPM
So let's round that up to 1560 RPM.
The way i come to this number is very simple -> (1340/86)*100 = 1558.14
Now that means that 1 Watt of electric energy would represent 43.09 RPM
1560/36.2 = 43.09

So knowing this let's take a look at your motor.

Option 1 - Let's look at the complete setup
Your complete setup is using 43.4Watt
So calculated above being 100% efficient would be 43.09*43.4 = 1852.87 RPM (let's say 1853 RPM)
Your motor is doing 2055 RPM this would mean on the total system it would be 110.90% efficient
Simply calculated by (2055/1853)*100 = 110.90

Option 2 - Let's look at the consumption of the motor only
In this case i will take the wattmeter as leading because it's used at the fanmotor also.
In that case the motor is consuming 26.4 Watts
Would this being the case, 100% conversion of the energy would be 43.09*26.4 = 1137.58 RPM (let's say 1138 RPM).
The motor is still running at 2055 RPM -> This gives an efficiency of (2055/1138)*100 = 180.58%

So in both cases a very promising result.
But how to check if this is correct?
Maybe by connecting the system to a generator?
If you would know the efficiency of the generator then you could back calculate the above numbers.

I'm looking forward to the next step (and video).
Can't wait for your next results.

Regards,
Flux4Energizer (Laurens)

Regards,

Flux4Energizer
Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - February 21 2013 :  06:46:53  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Jet
what you have calculated is the % of accuracy of the calculated input from the transformer and the DMM's
The way F4E done the calculations is correct.
So at this stage we had to asume that the full efficiency of the house fan motor was not being used-as in the incorrect fan blade.
So in all fairness i have run the test useing the large fan blade that came with the house fan.
The problem with this is that i had to reverse the direction of the rotary transformer,so as it went in the correct direction for the house fan blade.
The brush timeing is not correct for this direction-thus an efficiency drop.
But we ran the test anyway.
I am ripping the video now,and then will upload to youtube & post here soon.

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

Jet

Canada
129 Posts

Posted - February 21 2013 :  09:39:37  Show Profile  Visit Jet's Homepage Send Jet a Private Message  Reply with Quote
@TM , Yes,
Like I wrote, I was not sure it would be correct.
Overall, I can see the transfo-motor to be more efficient.
It's exiting, the progress your doing with this, good approach.

@Flux4Energizer,
Hi good theory, but just a theory!
I share your enthusiasm about this project, it's an exiting new frontier!

Do you think efficiency is based on how fast the propeller can turn?
or possibly how efficient a motor can transfer electrical energy into mechanical energy?

An accepted fact and a accurate one is that a motor that requires 746 watts of input power is 100% efficient if it produces 1 horsepower equivalent of mechanical energy.

Do you think that if we knew the horse power rating of TinMan's motor we could figure out the efficiency?
Or do you think that if the propeller would turn 10,000 RPM it would be 100% efficient?

Tell us what you think.

Edited by - Jet on February 21 2013 10:51:47
Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - February 21 2013 :  09:58:54  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here is the second test useing the large fan blade that the house fan was designed for.

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

Kudzu
Administrator

USA
1619 Posts

Posted - February 21 2013 :  20:12:07  Show Profile Send Kudzu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey TM,
What will be the change up to run that setup with a 110v motor ?
Do you think a 110v microwave transformer will suffice with modification's to supply the required voltage for that setup in the USA ?

Dumb Question but, why didn't you flip the fan blade over to run it backwards ? Same airflow / same HP loss cause, the air would have been cut the exact same IMHO ... Wouldn't mess with the timing setup that way ... Just curious

==================================================================

I still think the only dumb questions are the one's you didn't ask ...

==================================================================

"Throughout space there is energy ...
It it a mere question of time when man will succeed in attaching their machinery to the very wheelwork of Nature" Nicola Tesla
Go to Top of Page

Flux4Energizer

Netherlands
2 Posts

Posted - February 21 2013 :  23:01:13  Show Profile Send Flux4Energizer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello Jet,

Q) "Do you think efficiency is based on how fast the propeller can turn?"
A) No i don't think the efficiency is based on speed.
Efficiency is based on the amount of electrical energy what is used as input and the amount of mechanical energy is provided with that amount of energy.

Q) or possibly how efficient a motor can transfer electrical energy into mechanical energy?
A) Yes, i think that this is true.

Q) Do you think that if we knew the horse power rating of TinMan's motor we could figure out the efficiency?
A) Yes, but we can also calculate it a different way.
It would be less percise, but still we can get close.
Like Tinman said a manufacturer rates it's motors, so therefor we know what is the minimal efficiency.
If we take the minimal efficiency we can calculate with that number and it can only go up :-)

Q) Or do you think that if the propeller would turn 10,000 RPM it would be 100% efficient?
A) I don't realy understand where the 10,000 RPM comes from (but it's late here it's 04:59 am).
I'm working the graveyard shift.

I didn't see the other videos from the Tinman 'Jet' but hope to do so tomorrow.

Regards,

Flux4Energizer (Laurens)

Regards,

Flux4Energizer
Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - February 22 2013 :  02:26:04  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
[quote]Originally posted by Kudzu

Hey TM,
What will be the change up to run that setup with a 110v motor ?
Do you think a 110v microwave transformer will suffice with modification's to supply the required voltage for that setup in the USA ?

Dumb Question but, why didn't you flip the fan blade over to run it backwards ? Same airflow / same HP loss cause, the air would have been cut the exact same IMHO ... Wouldn't mess with the timing setup that way ... Just curious

Hi kudzu
If you wish to run 110 volt's through the motor,why would you need the MOT ? Why not just rectify your 110 volt supply?
The only problem i have with useing mains voltage is the danger involved.
As experimenters we love grabing wires and changing things around as we go.One mistake with mains voltage-and it could be lights out.

Now in reguards to flipping the fan around.
I could have fliped it around ,but even though the correct side of the fan blades would have been the leading edge-the flow would still have been in the wrong direction.
Knowing how picky some people get when doing test like this,i thought i would keep the air flow traveling away from the motor,and not toward it.This keeps it in line with the flow direction of the house fan.
It also means that we know we can get a better efficiency simply by reversing the motor direction.

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

The_Architect
Average Member

USA
327 Posts

Posted - February 22 2013 :  05:18:26  Show Profile  Visit The_Architect's Homepage Send The_Architect a Private Message  Reply with Quote
just to clarify, what you are doing in this to get increased efficiency is to use the back EMF pulse to benefit the motors motion rather than inhibit it correct? or am I way off here? Definitely looking forward to more info, but I hope it is not going to get misused the way the info from Slayer has apparently been.

Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent
Go to Top of Page

The_Architect
Average Member

USA
327 Posts

Posted - February 22 2013 :  06:19:26  Show Profile  Visit The_Architect's Homepage Send The_Architect a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ok I just had a look over at the LAG thread, and I see two things I missed earlier :) both that this is indeed doing what I asked earlier, and that you are on the ball to keep the "sleeper agents" from mucking up the system as it were, good call :)

Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - February 22 2013 :  06:53:19  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Boxes within boxes T.A
And simple complications to keep the sleepers at bay.

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

Jet

Canada
129 Posts

Posted - February 22 2013 :  10:26:08  Show Profile  Visit Jet's Homepage Send Jet a Private Message  Reply with Quote
@TM
I want to be clued in on "Boxes within boxes" & "Simple complications"
Please PM me on this. It seems important enough to be aware of!

Jet
Go to Top of Page

Jet

Canada
129 Posts

Posted - February 22 2013 :  10:40:07  Show Profile  Visit Jet's Homepage Send Jet a Private Message  Reply with Quote
@Laurens

Laurens: I don't really understand where the 10,000 RPM comes from.
Jet: I was being a smart ass, forget that!

Thanks for explaining your idea on the minimal efficiency. So, you're taking the minimal efficiency and can calculate with that number and it can only go up. That's what you wrote! Well! hummm!, OK.

It's unclear to me. Yea, whatever, have fun with that.
Maybe, I'll get it later, right now, it's just weird!

For the moment, I'm giving you kudos for at least participating and expressing yourself.

Good to meet, you Laurens,
I am direct, as you can see. I have limited success with that honest approach, as
it works only with people that are bold enough to admit that sometimes one could be wrong. Myself, I have been and will be again! ;)

Jet.

Edited by - Jet on February 22 2013 10:40:57
Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - February 22 2013 :  11:24:24  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jet

@TM
I want to be clued in on "Boxes within boxes" & "Simple complications"
Please PM me on this. It seems important enough to be aware of!

Jet

A PM is not needed here jet.
It means -never asume that you can judge the size of the gift by going on the size of the box,as there may be a smaller box inside that contains the gift.
Simple complication's is adding components to a system that arnt needed- to keep the sleepers from profiting from your hard work.
(as we have just seen happen with slayers setup)

If you watch carfuly who logs in,how often,and the threads they look at-you can soon spot a sleeper.
This is some one that crawls the forums looking for a great device that they can take and run with-without ever haveing any input toward the forum or topics them self.

It would seem that we have one such member here,but as yet-no attempt to profit from our work has come into play.

If he happens to read this post-please know that this is an open sorce forum,and should you choose to try and profit from any members work here on IAEC-i will come after you like a bull at a gate.
I have no doubt that Kultus will give you a public roasting aswell.

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

Jet

Canada
129 Posts

Posted - February 22 2013 :  12:26:26  Show Profile  Visit Jet's Homepage Send Jet a Private Message  Reply with Quote
@TM.
Well understood. Thanks for taking to time,
Jet
Go to Top of Page

slippery

United Kingdom
26 Posts

Posted - February 22 2013 :  13:42:04  Show Profile Send slippery a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi tm,
your RT is impressive, I have a question the positioning of the brushes? can u position a brush a third of the way round the armature like they do on a car wiper motor to achieve fast speed...? probably a daft question.
cant wait for next vid.
Go to Top of Page

The_Architect
Average Member

USA
327 Posts

Posted - February 22 2013 :  14:48:35  Show Profile  Visit The_Architect's Homepage Send The_Architect a Private Message  Reply with Quote
heh heh roasting :) Tinman I sent you a request by the way over on skype. not sure if you have seen it or not :)

Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - February 22 2013 :  20:43:47  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
@ slippery
The brushes are timed so as we have max torque at max speed.
We can move the brushes to obtain more speed,but the torque will be less.
In a normal situation,as the speed go's up-the AMP draw will go down,but so will the output torque.
Here we have created a situation where we can lift the speed,drop the AMPs and increase the torque.

@TA
I will add you as soon as i get back onto skype-for sure.

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - February 22 2013 :  23:08:11  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here is some number crunching from the last test done.
But we are going to drop the efficiency of the house fan down to 80% insted of the 86% it should be-this is just to be on the safe side or the low side of efficiency.

House fan
Input is 33.34 watt's
RPM is 1107 Efficiency rateing on the motor 80%
1107/80 x 100= 1383.75.
1383.75 is the RPMs needed for that motor to be operating at 100% efficiency.
This is confirmed by-1383.75 x 80% =1107
So 100% efficiency is 41.50 RPM per watt
This is done by dividing 1383.75 by 33.34 watt's.

Results from the rotary transformer in the last test.
watt consumption-28.57
RPM-1585
so RPM per watt is 1585/28.57=55.47.

Now for arguments sake,lets say the DMM's are slightly out-say 10% low.
So we will take away 10% efficiency from the rotary transoformer.
55.47 RPM per watt - 10%
55.47 x 90% = 49.92 RPM per watt.

So here we have droped the efficiency of the house fan down to 80%
We have taken 10% of the efficiency away from the rotary transformer.
We also decreased the efficiency of the rotary transformer by running it in the wrong direction-due to brush timeing.
Summery
RPM per watt needed for 100% efficiency is 41.50
RPM per watt of rotary transformer is-49.92

This now means 1 of only 3 thing's
1-house fan motor is way over rated on the efficiency rateing.-> unlikely
2-DMM's are way out with there reading's of voltage and current-scope says peak voltage is about 19 to 20 volt's(voltage DMM is reading high?)
3-Mmm-3?

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

seychelles

Australia
4 Posts

Posted - February 23 2013 :  08:34:43  Show Profile Send seychelles a Private Message  Reply with Quote
HI TINMAN I MUST BE THE SLEEPER PROCRASTINATOR FROM THE SEYCHELLES ISLANDS.I HAVE DONE THIS SAME EXPERIMENT BEFORE WITH AN OLD ITALIAN MOTOR.. FOR SOME REASON THE BOSCH OR LG FRONT LOADER MOTOR WAS NOT AS EFFICIENT. WHAT I HAVE FOUND IS THE DIODES HAS TO BE A FAST DIODE AND SLIGHT IMPROVEMENT WHEN YOU PARALEL THE DIODES.. GREAT WORK TINMAN. THE MOTHER AND FATHER OF FREE ENERGY IS EFFICINCY AND ONE NEEDS TO KNOW WHERE THE ENERGY IS COMING FROM.. AND ANOTHER THING THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A GENERATOR BUT A PUMP OF ETHER..
Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - February 23 2013 :  08:54:30  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi seychelles-and welcome aboard.
And no-i dont see you as the sleeper lol as you give input.The sleper remains quiet.

Quote:one needs to know where the energy is comeing from.

Well my next video will show you that,in the way of the scope placed across the system as a whole.
Here you will see the 22 volt AC half wave(rectified AC),each switching of the comutator,and the high voltage spikes that are being collected via the cap and sent back into the motor

I also use 2x 47 ohm, 10 watt resistors hooked in parallel to show the DMM's are indeed reading correctly.
Easy to see useing OHMs law.

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

slippery

United Kingdom
26 Posts

Posted - February 23 2013 :  09:40:10  Show Profile Send slippery a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Tm for your answer, makes sense, well on a normal motor.

can i just say thanks for sharing.

awesome vids
Go to Top of Page

erfinder

26 Posts

Posted - February 23 2013 :  12:58:04  Show Profile  Send erfinder a Yahoo! Message Send erfinder a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tinman,

Do any of your generators produced square waves when you load them? In one of my machines I get a super clean sine wave which almost looks like a triangle wave, and when I load this machine, the wave goes square...you ever experience anything like that? There is no switching circuit involved....

Regards
Go to Top of Page

Will Reed

USA
2 Posts

Posted - February 23 2013 :  13:46:32  Show Profile Send Will Reed a Private Message  Reply with Quote
@ TM
I think this could be made to work like what you are doing, please let me know what you think. THANKS

Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - February 23 2013 :  21:35:45  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
@EF
No -i have never seen a clean square wave being generated from any brushed motor setup?
This sounds quite interesting,do you have a video on it?

@ WR
That is an interesting concept,and works in a similar way to what im doing here.
But i use field coils as seconary coil's,and draw current from those coils in one direction only.
The electrical out put will never exceed the electrical input in my setup.But the rest of the energy comes in the form of mechanical rotation force.
Im hopeing the sum of the two outputs exceeds the total input.
Im doing some load test now,useing a generator as the load.

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
International Alternative Energy Center © 2000-2009 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2