International Alternative Energy Center
International Alternative Energy Center
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Technical Help and Questions
 Jig's, Coil winder jigs, Core molds/jigs and so on
 Vapor deposition (plasma discharge depositing)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

The_Architect
Average Member

USA
327 Posts

Posted - February 16 2013 :  11:30:38  Show Profile  Visit The_Architect's Homepage Send The_Architect a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ok I am finding that a lot of my ideas require components that do not exist, currently, and the fact that there are no solid OU devices out there, seems to indicate to me that this could easily be a reason. SO.

here is my idea. We need a fresh infusion of new parts, and we need tech to allow us to make those parts.

I already have a CNC mill, so now I am thinking I need to build a plasma
vapor deposition device, as I need to do some pyrolytic graphite depositing onto a curved surface of a custom shaped object, and that object can not withstand the high temps that other methods require. So any thoughts?
So far I have a couple things, like a flyback transformer, and ICs for generating controlled frequencies and such, but still need some specific tech like high voltage diodes and what not.

If I were to build such a device, would any of you have any use for it, as well? I know if the device I am working on is successful I will need a lot of parts that are identical to be made, but other than that I can see it (the deposition unit) sitting around doing nothing a lot of the time. So I see no reason not to share the wealth on that once it is built. and if anyone has any spare parts to contribute I would not say no :)

*I have a couple things I could make a vacuum pump with, but probably should look into either building one, or buying one, for the vacuum chamber, also there are methods that normal atmospheric pressure is possible, you just have to have valves to control what is in that atmosphere*

Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent
You must be logged in to see this link.

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

The_Architect
Average Member

USA
327 Posts

Posted - February 16 2013 :  15:08:52  Show Profile  Visit The_Architect's Homepage Send The_Architect a Private Message  Reply with Quote
oh I also have plenty of sheets of metal for charging the gas inside, just need to figure out what is going to be the best one to use for this, titanium? grade of stainless? I know it needs to be something stable so it is not donating it's atoms to the gas I am trying to deposit atoms out of, onto the surface of the recipient target. (main thrust right now is to be able to build up sheets of graphene on a metal surface but I can see it being useful with very little tweaking to place a diamond like carbon surface on things that need lower wear rates too,.

Go to Top of Page

IrishDave

Ireland
850 Posts

Posted - February 17 2013 :  09:48:34  Show Profile Send IrishDave a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Tom.

Following your thread but not understanding it all yet :)
Go to Top of Page

The_Architect
Average Member

USA
327 Posts

Posted - February 17 2013 :  14:20:10  Show Profile  Visit The_Architect's Homepage Send The_Architect a Private Message  Reply with Quote
heh heh, go read up on pyrolytic graphite, to get an idea of what this is for. Right now you would have to have some big bucks to get something coated with that stuff, or use it as is from little flimsy sheets that are cut up, this is no good, but the process it seems is fairly simple and straight forward so I should be able to do what I want, and the DLC (Diamond like coating) from what I have read is just a need to use a bit more voltage and amperage to get that coating, from the same gases.

basically a gas with an element we want *this case it is carbon* is put into a chamber, the chamber has plates around it that are charged with one field (negative or positive) and then the item being plated with the donor gas's carbon is charge the opposite. the trick is going to be to use an arrangement that keeps the stuff I do not want sticking (say I use CO2 then I would use the charge side that in electrolysis you get hydrogen on to charge the thing I want the carbon on and the other side will naturally get the oxygen from the CO2, so it would be a kinda carbon scrubber but we are going to use the carbon we scrub out by applying the amount of pressure and muscle to get it to lay down on the part they way we want. My set up will have the plates moving slowly as the part is spun around from the out side to the inside kinda like a needle on a record player does over the record, to cause the build up, afterwards I will have to take the plates that absorb the oxygen out and process them to get it off again, but I have a way of doing that with titanium :)

Go to Top of Page

The_Architect
Average Member

USA
327 Posts

Posted - February 17 2013 :  14:32:42  Show Profile  Visit The_Architect's Homepage Send The_Architect a Private Message  Reply with Quote
oh I should add too that since this is not a new thing, but rather my take on turning it into a DIY project that anyone should be able to build with local materials, I will be putting a full packet of info on how to build one, with all my parts and what not that I used, for distribution among those seriously interested in having it, Though thanks to the fiasco going on with the slayer circuit I see no reason to make it publicly available, so that some unknown brat can come and take it and do as it seems that kid did, and lie about coming up with it themselves. Mind you this does not mean there will ever be a charge, and infact that is why I want to keep it out of the hands of people like "teslaTronix" cause that is essentially what he is doing, is selling work he was given for free.

Go to Top of Page

ron_o

United Kingdom
1052 Posts

Posted - February 17 2013 :  15:00:08  Show Profile Send ron_o a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Architect

You could use the compressor from a fridge to make a suitable vacuum pump.

ron

Edited by - ron_o on February 17 2013 15:00:56
Go to Top of Page

The_Architect
Average Member

USA
327 Posts

Posted - February 18 2013 :  06:52:59  Show Profile  Visit The_Architect's Homepage Send The_Architect a Private Message  Reply with Quote
that is true, if I need a vacuum, I am hoping not though as I need a donor gas to drop the atoms desired onto the item it is meant to have them deposited onto, for the coating.

Go to Top of Page

The_Architect
Average Member

USA
327 Posts

Posted - March 07 2013 :  10:44:39  Show Profile  Visit The_Architect's Homepage Send The_Architect a Private Message  Reply with Quote
hoping to start working on this by the end of the month :) going to be asking some questions though that hopefully someone like Ron_O can answer about diodes :) (*also going to try and build some higher voltage (50 to 100kV) higher capacitance diodes even if they have to be almost as big as my tank, to handle the higher voltages from a flyback transformer, then sent though a cascade diode voltage multiplier.

Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4427 Posts

Posted - March 14 2013 :  09:11:46  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi TA

Do they make all of these parts you want?? Make sure that you make drawings of your build so we can follow along. I personally are having a hard time trying to follow what you are building.

Doug
The sky is not the limit...There are footprints on the MOON.
Your only as DUMB as where your standing.
No matter where you go there you are.
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

The_Architect
Average Member

USA
327 Posts

Posted - March 16 2013 :  05:16:20  Show Profile  Visit The_Architect's Homepage Send The_Architect a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I should have a few drawings but there will be a lot more that will need explaining, as this will also be a precursor to get some ideas on how to proceed with an atomic 3D printer that uses carbon from green house gasses to build various objects in any of three formats, diamond graphene or graphite, as needed based on some manipulation of the energy levels being used, I will put up video of everything I am doing including some rendering of better CGI showing on the micro scale what is actually going on. I could have cleared up I think a bit if I had pulsed a blue and red hue over the one I put up for the thread on heating with a copper pipe and magnets thread. as that is what is expected to happen when you magnetize and unmagnetize the green disc. also there will be cad files, and if anyone out there has a CNC mill, any CNC code I used. so hopefully I will get feedback from others who replicated my tank idea.

Go to Top of Page

The_Architect
Average Member

USA
327 Posts

Posted - March 27 2013 :  08:31:50  Show Profile  Visit The_Architect's Homepage Send The_Architect a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ok new step has been accomplished. I made a spin coating motor system for more controlled coatings than even the fan design Jeri uses in her video on making her own transistors from scratch, Instead of using the fan motor I started disassembling a bunch of hard drives, as usual for the magnets, but I stopped taking the circuit boards off the units, and have been testing them. seems I have about 3 good ones that when the power supply from a computer is hooked up they spin full speed and do not stop, and a number of others that continuously spin for a set duration, and then stop and spin up again for the same duration, with out fail. and a number of them that spin for a bit , act odd, then stop spinning and do not spin again with out being disconnected and reconnected again :) The last ones will for sure be saved and I will have to look into an actual proper motor speed controller like I have seen now since doing this,

These have two uses for my vapor deposition tank. one is to make high voltage capacitors, to go in a diode array for producing the higher voltage I will need to encourage my atoms to migrate out of the gas or liquid and onto the substrate of choice. Then other will be for spinning plates of material that I am coating with the atoms to get an even coating on said material, since the point of this is to build a disc that will has an even coating all around sort of wrapping it with pyrolytic graphite, and making a perfect diamagnetic coating that repels any magnetic force on all side no matter what angle it comes at the plate from. later I will see if I can build layers with diamond coating between the pyrolytic graphite layers, to increase this potential. Once I have outfitted the rig with a platform for holding things on the motors, I will post a video.

Then only think I did so far, was to take the top of the hard drive, off (including the little screws that go into the platter motor and armature bearings, as they hide these under the stickers of the hard drive often) and then carefully remove the armature to get the magnets out. I will put a bit more info on how to remove the armatures of the hard drives once I have had time to figure out a good way to do this. more to make more room in the case though it may be completely unnecessary.

Go to Top of Page

ron_o

United Kingdom
1052 Posts

Posted - March 28 2013 :  18:45:26  Show Profile Send ron_o a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi The Architect

Are you going to have the hard drive motors actually within your vapour deposition tank ? Reason i ask is at the voltages you have mentioned there is a very good chance that the drive electronics will "fry" / short out unless you can shield them somehow.

ron
Go to Top of Page

The_Architect
Average Member

USA
327 Posts

Posted - April 02 2013 :  10:51:38  Show Profile  Visit The_Architect's Homepage Send The_Architect a Private Message  Reply with Quote
it should be plenty isolated as I will build a rig for it to stick up into the tank,(plastic stand offs) if I use them (also I am aware this might still not work)
other wise I am not sure what I can use for my system because all motors are sensitive to electrical discharges. Mind you I will be running high DC voltage though, not AC in the chamber. Since I am using lasers too, and the tank material will not be able to block the frequency of light from the laser, I guess I need to look into either special windows for the laser(s) to project through, or shielding to allow putting the laser inside the chamber, since they are sensitive too.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
International Alternative Energy Center © 2000-2009 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.34 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2